Secrets of the Night {You Wish Batman} PART 35

**This is the last part! I hope you all have loved this story! Read A/N at end for more on what I have to say. I'll let you read for now!

The world became my training ground. People became subjects to test my disguises on. I never stopped running, never stopped chasing. I lived for the night. I lived in the night. I rose with the fall of the sun. I travelled all over the world, gaining experience everywhere I could. My body changed. It grew in strength, resilience, grace. Before I had to focus on finding my center, now I had to focus to leave it.

He followed me all the while. The selfish part of me would keep him close. Each time I erased my trail, I would leave him a trace when I moved again. He never gave up, never stopped following. I thought he would give up after one year. When he didn't, I thought two years would be the end. Tomorrow would be three years. I would find him tomorrow. Tonight though, he was better off following.

I stood in shadow, watching him on a bench. The sun was setting, but like me he was just getting started. Somewhere along our travels he had started living on my time schedule. Soon. Soon I would be able to return to him.

I turned and headed away from him. I traveled through back streets until I found the building that I needed. After surveying the building I decided on my point of entrance. I worked my way up to the second floor window and swung in. I laughed as I traveled through the room, the couple too busy in the bedroom to realize that a stranger had just walked through their hotel room.

I casually rode as high as I could in the elevator then broke into the locked stairwell. How could he not have anyone around here? Was he that stupid, or was I? I pushed the door open to the top floor and slipped out. His door was right in front of me. Waiting.

There was only one guard, and I took him out without a problem. I stole his access card and entered the room.

"Three years. I never found you after you left the school. Where have you been hiding?" His voice was cold, emotionless.

I matched me tone with his. "Biding my time I suppose."

"Well, enough talk. Let's see if you have learned anything new while... biding your time."

I easily caught his movement and stopped him. "Better. Let's try something a little harder."

He attacked again. This time instead of simply blocking him I immediately moved into my own attack. In ten seconds I had him pinned on the ground. "No game playing tonight. I'm done with you and your games."

"Even if you kill me now, I have set up something that will keep going. You think you're done with my games? You've just left start."

I moved my hand and took out a knife, holding it to his throat. "Well, you'll no longer be a player." I pressed the blade in harder, ready to slit his throat.

"Then you'll never see your mother again."

I paused for only a second before drawing the blade across his throat. I pulled the knife away, wiping the blood off onto his clothes. "Better that than let you walk away," I whispered, my voice choked with tears. I may have just killed my only chance at finding my mother. If she was really alive.

"Fuck!" I screamed as I threw the knife into the wall across the room. Even in death he could still screw with me. He's built up his own organization. I would have to bring it down. I walked back over to my knife and pulled it out. That bastard would be making my life hell from the grave. Of course he set up something to continue his legacy. He would never let the world simply forget him, never let me simply kill him and walk away. I had to get out of here. I had to get away from him.