One And The Same

"Hey, you ready?" Tyler yelled from the living room.

"Almost!"

Zipping up the back of my dress, I insert my earrings as the muted yellow dress glowed against the floor length mirror on my wall.

Strapping on some tan suede wedges, I grabbed my necklace from the jewelry box Elle gave me and pulled out the lotus flower.

"Oh, Hey. Are you going to the Grill?" Elle asked.

"Um, yeah. Tyler and I were gonna go grab lunch, why?"

"Can you stop by the store and bring back from candles? We're running out in the attic and James' is already irritated enough."

"Yeah, I'll bring some when I come back," I said, before heading down the stairs.

"Sorry. You ready?" I said to Tyler who was looking at the family pictures on the wall.

"Is this your mom?" He asked.

Staring at a black and white picture of my mother's dark black hair and her shy smile, I could see both of our reflections from the glass.

"Yeah, she was pregnant with Sebastian there," I whispered.

"Sebastian's the younger one, right?"

"He's a few years older than me...that's him," I said pointing to another picture beside him.

Glancing at Tyler's profile, I notice a red car parked in the driveway.

"Who's car is that?" I whispered.

"What?"

Turning his head, the two of us walked further to the door and opened it.

"No one's out here," Tyler said, but I was too distracted by the red Corvette parked in the driveway.

"...it's Stefan's," I whispered, resting my fingers on the hood.

"I thought he wasn't here?"

"He's not...Damon must've driven it here." I whispered.

"Come on...lunch remember?" Tyler said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

~

Sitting outside of the Grill, Tyler brought up Elena's party just as Caroline sent out the invitation.

"Are you going?" Tyler asked.

"I've been spending half of my summer trying to locate Stefan, I need a break."

"Isn't this a distraction?"

"Is that what it was? I figured you were just interested in sitting outside and people watching." I said sarcastically.

"...Thank you, for the distraction." I added.

"Hey, guys," Jeremy said, holding a pitcher of cold water.

"Did Matt make you switch sections?" I asked him.

Glancing at his profile, I could see the change in his face.

"He thinks we're dating." I scoff, looking back at Tyler.

"So does my mother."

"What?"

"We're together all the time. It's not a leap." He said.

"That's crazy." I blurted.

"Right?" He whispered as I looked down at the menu.

~

"I feel like I have to fight Damon every single time we get a lead on Stefan," Elena said as I come back into the living room with plates and cups.