Chapter 15

Not edited/tired author. Make sure to vote and comment!!! Alright read on.

"Honestly honey, you don't have to shove food in your mouth. I promise it'll still be there when you look away. There is no need to rush." Mom said, looking at me with a side eye. I slowly put the syrup soaked piece of french toast away from my awaiting mouth and back on my place. Then I properly cut a piece off and ate it under my mother's watchful eye.

 "Leave the girl alone sweetie. She's probably still feeling anxious about going to school. How are you fitting in?" My dad asked, coming to my defense. I sent him a grateful smile, that he returned. I thought about my dads question.

 "It's going pretty well. I've made a ton of friends, and my classes seem to be pretty easy and straightforward." I said, giving my dad a small smile. He nodded, and looked at me like he was close to tears. I stared at him with wide eyes.

 "My baby is growing up! Honey she's making friends, and she thinks her classes are easy! We're getting old!" My dad exclaimed. Lexi, who I barely realized was here, walked out of the kitchen. I scratched the back of my head not really knowing what to do in this very moment. Mom pursed her lips and looked over at my dad.

 "Maybe you're getting old James, but not me. If anyone asks I tell them I'm twenty-nine." Mom said, flipping her wavy dark brown hair over her shoulders. She smirked at me with her bright green eyes.  

 "Well, how old are you mom?" Lexi asked, walking back into the room. She handed my dad a wad of tissue. It was quiet for a second as we waited for Mom's response until my dad loudly blew his nose. We looked over at him and he gave us a sheepish grin.

 "You should never ask a woman her age. And...a lady never reveals her real age. Just know I'm not growing old like your dad over here." She said, pointing to dad who was still blowing his nose. 

 "Honey, you're two years older than me." Dad revealed in-between blowing, causing mom to dramatically gasp. She looked between Lexi and I before frowning at dad.

 "Parker's going to be going off to college soon." Mom said, making dad dramatically wail that his baby was growing up again. Not really knowing what to do during this weird scene I grabbed my backpack and car keys and left. It was a wise decision to leave a five year old with those two.

 I walked up to my beautiful baby blue vintage beetle. I sighed as I got into my car. I closed the door, and put on my seat belt and then turned on the radio. I really did not want to go to school. Although it felt like I had a long weekend, it was too freaking short. I slowly turned up the radio until the latest pop song was blasting from the speakers. I slowly closed my eyes, and promised myself that I would take a nap when I came home. The moment I came home.

 Why does school have to start so freaking early in the first place? You can't expect me to be energized and ready to learn at 8 am. A loud knock interrupted my internal rant. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed dark blue eyes staring at me through a pair of black thick rimmed glasses outside of my car window. I slowly rolled down the window and turned down the radio.

 "What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at Beau. He looked particularly delicious today wearing a plain, tight white t-shirt that showed off his amazing upper body. He had a red and white flannel tied around his waist. From what I can see sitting in my car he's wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans. The thing that is really getting me though is the gray beanie that he's wearing to partially cover his auburn hair.

 "I just had to make sure that you were still alive. You had the music blasting and your eyes were closed....honestly you looked like you were either dead or really contemplating life." Beau said with a slight shrug. So basically Beau, the hipster leader, was actually worried about me?