Ch.2
BENEDICT MOORE

"Benny!" My mom called over the speaker and i groaned and scratched my head looking at my tall ceiling.

My family is pretty wealthy so we live in a mansion. My room is probably twice as large than a spacious class room and quite frankly I think it's too much. I feel guilty that other kids at my school don't have a luxury like mine. If you were to look at my room you'd think I just moved in because all it is is a queen sized bed a black rug on the wooden floor and a dresser that was from a thrift shop, a desk that had a PC laptop and a bookshelf that was full of books and manga. Yeah I know call me a geek but I loved them it was much more exciting then sports.

My white walls had a few posters here and there of some bands. On my wall were my two longboards both signed by Tony Hawk.

"Benny! You have school! Oh and don't forget! Tonight we have a party to go to tonight!" My mom yelled through the intercom on my wall.

Groning I rubbed my face. That's right it was tonight wasn't it?

I pressed the blue button on my wall.
"Do I have to go?" I asked then let go of the button waiting for the response I knew I was going to get

"Yes! How can you even ask! Benedict James Moore! You are going to be late! Take your clothes to school! We will pick you up around six after your Political science club!" She said. I groaned and clicked the button sighing. I don't even go there after school, I go to the library.

"Ok mom." I said then looked around my barren room and grinned. I did have one dog who was sleeping on the floor by my bathroom.
She is a golden retriever who is probably the sweetest dog you'd ever meet. Her name is Sugar and I have had her since I was probably nine. She has been my only best friend.

Stretching I get up my knees popping and bones cracking. God I was such an old man! I sighed and got up. Sugar had her eyes opened but she just watched me I chuckled then kneeled in front of her and pet her soft head.

"Do you want to go to this party with me?" She raised her head then lifted her eyebrow and licked her muzzle. I laughed.
"Even you don't want to go!" I said she whined and licked my face. I smiled and kissed her head and stood up again heading into my bathroom.

I quickly got ready throwing on a pair of jeans and a soft shirt and a sweater then I left out the door to go to hell... I mean school.

See I might be filthy rich but I don't flaunt it like others if my category. I refused to go to the private school where all my friends are. Instead I donate the money that it would take to send me to private school to orphanages or animal shelters and libraries.

But because I go to public school it means that I'm the outsider. I don't have many friends in my school. Actually I'm bullied quite often, so I prefer to be quiet and alone during school.

But that makes me more of a target, and I know it too. I don't like fighting. I like keeping the peace and even though they hurt me I know that something in their personal lives might be causing them to lash out and I simply happen to be the easiest target.

"Hey look it's Bennedict!" I looked up and saw the girls sitting around. One of them with brown hair and blue eyes saw me and smiled. She ran over to me and giggled.

"Benny! Good morning!" She said bouncing on her heels.

Although the boys hated me, the girls didn't how ever. I didn't understand what it was, I am nothing special. I have pale skin boring brown hair and regular brown eyes. I'm definitely not strong, I'm not the smartest either.
So I don't understand what it was but they all tried.

"Good morning Caroline." I said. I knew her because her boyfriend is one of my biggest bully. He hates me and tries to hurt me at any chance he gets.

I looked around and some one caught my eye. She was on a bench in the corner of the court yard sitting and reading a book. From where I stood I could make out that she had on an ACDC shirt and sweats with some vans. Beside her was a black bag.

"Benny?" I turned back to the talking girl who looked truly angry.

"Caroline I'm sorry I have to go now, can we talk later?" I attempted. She pouted for about five seconds then sighed.

"Oh you're just too cute! Fine yes we can talk later." She said. My cheeks turned red at the comment but waved goodbye and left. I looked over to see the girl but she was gone.

Looking around the court yard to see if I could find her, which I didn't, but I did find Ryan Bugois' hate filled eyes. He was Caroline's boyfriend. I gulped and turned around heading to class.

I was almost at the door when I felt someone grab me by the back of my neck.

I gasped dropping my things and tried to run but Ryan was huge! Like professional wrestler huge! He threw me into the wall my back stinging from the brute force of the hit. I wheezed in pain as I looked into the bigger boy's eyes.

"Are you making a move on my Caroline?" He growled through clenched teeth. I grimaced as his spit flew onto my face.

"Of course not, Ryan. I would never do that!" I pleaded my voice shaking. I know it wasn't the manliest thing to do but I was scared.

"Oh yeah! Well that's not what it looked like!" He snarled, pulling me off the wall just to slam me back on it.

This time I cried out in pain. Tears clouded my eyes and I looked away from my bully.

"That's right baby! Cry!" Ryan sneered then let me drop to the floor. He kicked me in the shoulder then left. Leaving me there on the floor gasping in pain.

Then the bell rang over me and I groaned. Perfect.