Chapter 4

“Onee-chan?” Mika turned her head around in confusion. “Aren’t they your friends?”

“They’re not my friends.” Shiro stated bluntly.

“Eh?! You guys lied to me?” Mika shouted at them in disbelief.

“Come Mika, let’s go. The rest are waiting for you.” Shiro muttered with a strained voice as she walked to the said girl and pushed her back to the direction she had come from.

She then stopped halfway and stated sternly, with her back still facing at them, “If you guys were to continue to follow me, or loiter around here any longer, I will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT, hesitate to call the security to chase you all out.”

She still couldn't believe that they had gone to the extent of even stalking her.

“Is that so?” Kyoya stepped forward. “I’ve a piece of data here that had interest me, I must say.”

Shiro froze a little but she forced herself to remain her composure as she released her grip from the wheelchair and turned around to face the Host Club members with a smirk on her face, “Oh really? And what would that be?”

“It seems that your father doesn’t know about this; let’s say, huge investment of yours to build this hospital, isn’t it?”

“What? You mean she established this hospital all by herself without her father’s consent?!” Tamaki gasped as his eyes widen in surprise as well as all the other Host Club members.

"Damn all rich kids" Haruhi quietly muttered under her breath. Nevertheless, it was for a good cause after all.

*

*

*

Shiro’s POV:

“It seems that your father doesn’t know about this; let’s say, huge investment of yours to build this hospital, isn’t it?” I glared at Kyoya who announced it bluntly as he smirked.

Someday I’m so going to slap off that irritating smirk of his! Not mention, to punch the daylights out of him!

“What? You mean she established this hospital all by herself without her father’s consent?!” Tamaki gasped as his eyes widen in surprise as well as all the other Host Club members.

“~Awesome!~”

My hands clenched tightly in frustration. How dare he use this against me! After I’ve worked so hard on my own to help the kids to live normally like the other children would, and he’s trying to crush it?!

“What. Do. You. WANT?!” I seethed in anger, my fists clenching by my sides. My body started to vibrate with anger.

“What we had suggested previously. As simple as that.” he stated nonchalantly while adjusting his glasses.

“I see...” I don’t care if people know... My life had always been horrible anyway and it won’t get any better... I shook my head to my own thoughts. It could never return to the way it was, the way she had always long for it to be.

But the kids here can’t lose this home! I would never want them to live like how I would... They deserved a proper life! There’s no way...

I sighed irritably and stared at them in determination to put them in their place and not get involved with me. Placing a cool composure, I relented. “Since you’ve known a secret of mine, I guess another one wouldn’t hurt right?”

“Onee-chan...” Mika pulled my sleeve and shook her head when I looked at her, but I patted her head as I gave a small smile for reassurance. “Can I have the flask that you’re holding Mika?”