Cotillion and Feelings

This chapter is going to lead up to some major drama. Stay tun.

Like I wasn't busy enough already, now I must do my part in being a mentor to this year's Cotillion. Serena and Blair still aren't on speaking terms after the brawl that went down at Tripp's election party. I tried getting them to sit down and speak but they both kept ignoring each other until Blair insulted Serena again and Serena fired back with her own insult. Now we're all mentors to societies future ladies when we're acting like children.

__________________________________
Lily is hosting a gathering for the mentors and debutants so they can get to know each other. I arrived at Lily's to an ice-cold war between Serena and Blair.

"Of course, if that's what you want. It's just a shame. You know how I feel about your potential."

"Blair, let's not make a scene at this gathering. Tonight's supposed to be about the Deb's." I state trying to keep the overly bitchy side of Blair to a minimum.

"E's right. Are we really going to do this right now?"

"I gave you a chance to apologize."

"How about you apologize?"

"How about you both apologize and get over this silly fight!"

"I'm here, aren't I?" Blair screeches.

"Ahem. Okay. Look, I have enough of my own problems, so I'm not gonna let you guys make me a pawn in your war." Jenny tries to leave but Blair isn't done.

"War? What? Of course, not. Who's your escort?"

"Johnathan Whitney." Jenny is hesitant to tell her.

"Your step-brother's boyfriend."

"Blair, be nice. Johnathan is a great escort." I try and save the moment but it was lost before I came into the room

"Do you remember who my escort was?"

"Nate."

"Jenny, when you descend those stairs tomorrow night, everyone there will judge you, based on that moment for the rest of your life. This is not like your wedding day. Cotillion only happens once. Now you already have one strike against you because of the whole Brooklyn misfortune and add a B+ escort and top it off with a mentor who's known more for her mug shots and topless photos in Ibiza than her social graces?"

"Okay, you're right, Jenny. You know what? You shouldn't be caught between Blair and me. It's not fair to you on your big night. She can be your mentor. It's fine." Serena is hurt by the words Blair spoke about her and I wish they would just talk like adults and stop this petty bullshit.

"How selfless."

"I'm working for congressman Tripp van der Bilt, and I should get back to that. But you have fun tonight. These are probably the last people in New York who still think you matter." Serena hugs me goodbye and she leaves me to deal with Blair.

__________________________________
I head over to see who I'm mentoring and I look for her in the room. I can't seem to find the girl I'm looking for so I search for Eric hoping he knows where she is.

"Eric, hey I'm glad I found you. Do you know where Kira Abernathy is?"

"Um, yeah she's coming towards us right now with...uh, Jenny." I turn to see a furious Jenny and her minions coming towards us.

"Did you text Graham Collins that I didn't want him to be my escort?"

"I knew if you had the chance to go with Graham, you'd make the wrong choice." I'm shocked that Eric would do such a thing. He's always prided himself in being above the petty drama.