Vicky

The steam rose in ringlets off the scalding pan as her pink gloved fingers dipped in and out of the sink while she scrubbed methodically, humming a tune just slightly off with her movement. The smell of the dish soap twisted with the deeply marinated pot roast aroma in the air, unable to escape the kitchen through the sealed windows.

                “How do I look Victoria?”

She held her soapy hands up as she turned, mindful to not drip suds on to her gingham apron.

                “You look lovely dear.” Her pearly whites beamed as he stood looking slightly out of sorts with his tailored sweater and light colored slacks combo. “And please, call me Vicky.”

                “I feel foolish wearing this Vicky.” He ran his hand back and forth along the grainy polyester as he looked to her for a response.  

                “Nonsense, you look handsome Ben, now come sit, I’ve made a wonderful dinner just for you.” Vicky replaced the elbow length gloves with similarly colored oven mitts and proudly pulled a seared roast from the oven, placing it alongside a large bowl of fluffy mashed potatoes.

                “Wow that looks incredible! I wasn’t expecting that but wow.” Ben stood in amazement, sniffing the air as the different smells radiated around him. “Is that apple pie?”

                Vicky smiled, the pink stained lips curling ever so beautifully into an enticing look. “One of the best ever made. It’s my nana’s recipe, I’m sure I’ve mentioned it to you before.” She gave him a glimpse of the bubbling pie still browning in the oven, motioning for him to come closer. He leaned into the steel door, the escaping heat causing a rush of rouge to taint his cheeks, just before she released the handle, the swinging metal singeing the tip of his skin.

                Ben’s eyes widened as he rubbed the end of his stinging nose, but Vicky just giggled, leaning over seductively to offer him a glimpse of her soft swells as she arranged his place setting.  She glanced up, shifting her eyes in invitation to take his place as he licked the gathering moisture from his lips.

                “You look hungry Ben, sit down and let me satisfy that look in your eye.” The play on words was not lost on Ben as he quickly assumed his seat, his eyes following her deliberate motion as she arranged his plate. He watched as she held the china plate at bosom level, slowly twirling the serving spoon in a motion that caused her chest to rise and fall in a way that drove Ben mad. Vicky laid the plate in front of him, brushing his face softly with her left side, causing her right arm to drop his folded napkin.

                “I’m so clumsy.” She playfully chastised herself, bending at the waist so her skirt hugged her hourglass curves, causing Ben to nearly choke on his first bite.

                Vicky beamed and placed the cream fabric in Ben’s lap, slowly smoothing it out across his legs, earning a rise in the center.

                “Thanks.” Ben cleared his throat as he fought to regain control of his thoughts.

                “Do you like the Roast?” Vicky pulled her seat inches from Ben’s, resting her hand on his inside thigh as he deepened in color.

                “It’s amazing Vicky.” His breaths came out raspier as they quickened while her palm rubbed back and forth, the rough material creating friction with each flick of her wrist.

                The corners of her eyes gathered into a triumphant smile as she brought her hand back to the top of the table, sliding it across his as she tapped her finger tips along the smooth surface of his gold band.