Chapter 2

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and sausage cooking.  Slowly, I got out of bed and pulled myself back to reality- I hadn’t dreamed that my sister was here. 

After i got dressed and woke Amera up, we sluggishly went down stairs. When i walked in the kitchen my aunt  was simultaneously flipping two pancakes, a spatula in each hand.  “Aunt Kristen?” 

“Yes dear?” She answered without taking her eyes off her food preparation. 

Just then My cousin Luca leisurely walked down the stairs, bed head and all. He put his arm on my shoulder, slightly bracing him self against me. “Mornin Amera.” He said, gently jostling her hair. “Hows Earth treating you?” 

  My aunt practically dropped the pancake she was flipping. “Amera!” She hurried over and hugged her. “When did you get here?” 

“Last night.” Amera replied with a big smile on her face. 

We all three sat down on the bar stools and ate while Kristen cooked. 

When we were finished eating i navigated Amera toward our phone. “Call mom.”

I went back into the kitchen and was greeted by my cousin Damien, who was walking through the kitchen with a plate of food. “Hey Kamaria, you wanna go surfing with me later?” He asked in-between mouth fulls of food. 

Damien and Luca are twins, however, Over the years its become easy to tell them apart.  Damien has broder shoulders and is a serious athlete. Although Luca does play basketball, hes more into music then sports. Their faces, altho similar, also make it easy to tell them apart. 

“I don’t think i can.” I said, thinking about Amera. 

“Why not?”

Just then she walked around the corner. “They said i could...” 

She was interrupted by Damien who ran over, wrapped his arms around her, lifted her off the floor and swung her around like a rag doll. Her laughing made me laugh too. The truth is i had missed her more then I though i had. 

“Hi Damien.” She said, as he put her back down. “They said scence im already here i can stay. Isn’t that great Aria?” She smiled, waiting for my reply. 

“Absolutely.” I knew they would. Theres not exactly a lot they could do about it now. Sending her home would be pointless and it would take several months anyway.

“Aria?” Amera said.

“Hmmm?”

“Whats surfing?” The room filled with laughter, the only one who wasn’t laughing was Amera. 

Damien took Amera to the study so he could introduce her to the, as he puts it, “marvels of earth” using the internet.