The Brawling Games

~*The Brawling Games begin*~

"Welcome, everyone! For, I am the national Pokemon Trainer, Xander, here to tell you that the annual 'Brawling Games' is being held in three and a half weeks!" said Xander, a bit too excitedly. Xander payed no heed to the brawler's paling faces, and shock. "Being that it is our first annual game in the first 347 years, it is very, very important, and shall be treated with dignity!" Xander continued. "What?! But, we've only trained, and practiced this sport for fun, not murder!" Lucario cried in astonishment. "Nonsense!" Cried Xander. "This will be the greatest event of the year!" Lucario practically choked on his own spit.

       Loud applause was heard in the near background. Suddenly, the ice climbers came tumbling into view. They smiled innocently, and mumbled a few incoherent words. The crowd observed as both twins reached into seperate  large pots, revealing a slips of paper. They mumbled something, and Xander grabbed a slip out of the first twin's hand. "District one tributes!" He called loud and clear. "Ness... and Princess Peach!" The crowd began to cheer. However, the citizens of District One were deathly pale. Ness gasped and slowly backed away, tripping on a stick. Princess Peach looked appalled, and fainted. ''Er, someone please attend to the fallen Princess..." Xander said awkwardly, and shook his head. The ice climbers continued.

           "From District Two.. Captain Falcon, and... Jiggly Puff!" Xander announced, and there was distinct laughter, knowing laughter. "Oh man.. Jiggly Puff won't make it.." Said an observer of the Capital. Several people nodded in agreement. Captain Falcon grinned broadly and sneered, "You all don't stand a chance..." Once again, the Ice Climbers retrieved slips of paper. Xander squinted and nodded.

               "Ah.. District Three.. Ganondorf.. and Marth!" He exclaimed, and Ganondorf grinned evilly. Marth gasped, his sword glittering in the sunlight. "You will do no better than Toon Link," Ganondorf criticized. Xander cleared his throat, as the Ice Climbers continued to hand him slips.

                          "District Four... King Dedede and Mr. Game and Watch," He said a little more bland this time. King Dedede raised his hammer in the air, grinning broadly.

                   "District Five.. Zero Suit Samus, and Donkey Kong," He reported, as the slips were handed to him. Diddy Kong, rushed over to his Father and hugged him. "A touching scene," Said Xander with false sympathy.

                  "District Six! We have Bowser and Olimar!" He exclaimed, gaining back his enthusiasm. Bowser growled, and Olimar jumped back in alarm. Many people in District Six were glad to see Bowser go. The crowd had stopped cheering now, a person clapping, was heard every now and then.

                      "District Seven.. Pikachu and Fox!" Fox nodded grimly. "Pika, pika!" Pikachu cried in surprise, but he was dragged to the stage, nevertheless. By now, Princess Peach had recovered, but still looked deathly pale. "This is injustice!" Cried several voices from the citizens of District Four and Seven. People turned around, grateful that someone people stood up for what was right. One of the Ice Climber twins tapped Xander's shoulder lightly, pointing out that the tributes for district eight were about to be called on. Xander nodded, and squinted at the tiny hand writing.

                       "Uh.. Oh! District Eight.. Pit and R.O.B.!" Pit, a person of peace, was devastated. "I can't!" He cried, but was dragged to the front, either way. He fought back, but soon gave up due to the strong grip of the guard. R.O.B. waved, emotionless as ever, (or as it seemed.) Xander continued on.

                     "District Nine.. Lucas and Ike!" Ike glanced at his brother, Marth, who was on the verge of crying. 'It will be okay.' Ike's expression assured him. Lucas gasped, and whirled around to look at Ness. Ness's lip trembled, for, he did not want to kill Lucas.. Lucas had always been there for him. Always..

                     "District Ten..." Xander trailed off. "Snake and Luigi!" He called out, and Luigi turned pale. He would have to kill Princess Peach! He couldn't do that.. Not anyone, either. But the princess.. Snake shrugged, as if he couldn't care less.

            "District Eleven.. Toon Link, and Sonic!" The crowd now began to cheer, and Ganondorf laughed. Toon Link paled. He looked back, and saw Zelda shaking her head, about to cry. He didn't move, but clenched his sword nervously. Just as the guard was about to drag him to the stage, he tumbled forward. "Hya! Hyuwaha! Hya!" He cried, and then a tiny voice cut in. "Hey, listen!" Toon Link ignored Navi, and then saw somebody rise up from the crowd. "I volunteer!" It was Impa, whose voice rang loud through the stadium...