chapter 1

The alpha boss

Scarlett worked for one of the most profitable and wealthiest business in the western hemisphere. Anderson inc. She was the secretary and advisor to the CEO, Mason Anderson, a ruthless and wise businessman, but to Scarlett, he was a second father. He was kind and big hearted as well as hilarious. She often spent time with he and his wife, Madeline, who was so welcoming, over the span of five years she worked for them, Madeline would take her out on trips to other islands and even to Europe. They were so fun to be around. Her parents were well acquainted with Mr and Mrs Anderson.

**********************

Scarlett attended the annual ceremony for the company, during the week she heard rumors that Mr. Anderson had a big announcement to make. its probably about some deal he struck with another company she thought. She sat on the table with Mr and Mrs Anderson as their +1 as always. Then the MC give the introduction for Mr Anderson. He then walked up to the podium and gave a smile. Not the usual grin he'd give, this one looked a bit sad. He started his speech

"as you all know, I founded and built this company and with the help of all my faithful and outgoing employees, this company has went through the rough and smooth times to become one of the most successful companies in the world" he breathed, his eyes were full of pride and humility and another emotion that was unreadable at the moment.

"I would like to thank all of you for being here, especially to my beautiful wife, Madeline and my talented, one of a kind, assistant Scarlett." She was known as the every thing girl in the company, if anyone needed help she was there. Baby sitting, pampering -even counseling. So a round of applause rang out for them. Mr.. Anderson raised his hand abruptly halting the applause

"and my son, Ronan who isn't here at the moment due to an urgent matter which brings me to the announcement I've been waiting to give, as you all may see, I'm aging and this company has been doing well under my control but I feel it is time to pass the mantle on." I. Don't. Believe. What. I. Am. Hearing Scarlett thought as she turned to see Mrs Anderson smiling sympathetically at her. Her anger immediately disappeared as her sadness became evident. Mason looked in their direction

"this is why...this is why I have decided to hand the company over to my son, Ronan" there was a collective gasp from the crowd of employees. Everyone knew Ronan, he was as powerful as his father and as ruthless as he was, No one ever saw him though. All Scarlett heard was that anything he wants he gets.

"so starting Monday, you will be seeing Ronan instead of me, don't worry he treats people well" he said with a small smile. " and no he's not going to replace you" with that everyone sighed and applauded again. As he walked down from the podium and walked over to where they were sitting. Scarlett looked at him. He pulled her into a suffocating bear hug and spoke softly "I apologize to you for not telling you earlier" Scarlett shook her head against his chest. "I'm not angry well not anymore , I'm just saddened, will I keep my position?" She asked.

"your position is the only position he has no authority over" he said "so you'll be his secretary slash assistant slash everything else" he winked at her. She giggled. Then Mrs. Anderson cut in" and if he gives you ANY trouble what-so-ever, you call me and I'll deal with him" she joined in the hug, now it was truly suffocating

"okay okay, you two, keep this up and I'll be dead" they all burst out laughing. They dropped her home "bye" as she waved them goodbye. She walked up into the apartment. Opened the door and slammed it shut. She peeled off her dress and heels and walked straight into the bathroom. She took off the rest of her garments and entered her steamy shower. The water washed everything including her emotions away. She pulled on her nightgown and curled up into her bed. She decided not to think about anything and concentrate on sleeping. She fell into dreamless sleep. The weekend went in the blink of an eye. It was Monday again. The day she dreaded, Mason had called telling her to come a bit earlier because he had someone for her to meet. She doubted it would be Ronan as he was never available, always busy-you know like all business men. she pulled out a Bodycon dress, it was ocean blue and black. She freshened up and got dressed, she decided her hair to be all natural and free. Her heels were navy blue her makeup was her usual; cherry Red lipstick and some form of powder and eye shadow. And she was off to work.

****************************

"Scarlett" She heard a familiar deep toned voice "good morning" she spun to see her bo- former boss smiling at her.

" good morning sir" she said in her usual bright self. He held her hand "come with me" so she followed him into his office. there stood another male figure. She could see his suit but his back was facing her.

"Scarlett meet my son Ronan" and on queue the male figure soon around. Scarlett's heart almost went for a triple thread fold. Three words. Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. His eyes were the color if his father's; gray and his hair was black like his Mom, his jaw line was sharp and perfectly shaped his face. Put that together with a built body of muscle and hotness. He was fine.

"and Ronan, this is the woman that I always brag about other than your mother, this is Scarlett." Ronan brought out his hand which Scarlett voluntarily filled with hers, thinking he was just going to shake it. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. Scarlett felt shivers race through her body. Mason cleared his throat trying to break the glaring between Scarlett and Ronan. It worked as Ronan took his eyes off of her and onto his father. As both men weren't looking, Scarlett put some space between Ronan and herself.

"well if you'd excuse me, there's a meeting downtown and I need to be there, I may be retired but people still have an interest in me" he gave her a wink. She smiled. He gave his son a hug and his-former assistant lash secretary lash advisor

"bye my sweet former assistant lash secretary lash advisor lash who-else-knows-what" his laughter boomed in the office and he walked out "I'll leave you too to find out more about each other" and with that he left closing the door behind him. Scarlett mentally cursed as confusion ripped through her. She was hesitant to leave. She took a few steps to the door just as he began to speak "Miss Everdayle, I've heard a lot about you, from my parents mostly and from your Co workers. Everyone seems to give some good stuff on you" she smiled. " I'm positively sure my parents didn't tell you anything about me"

"they told me that they had one child, a boy and his name was Ronan" stating what she knew. He chuckled. He got up from his position , eating up the space she preciously tried to create. "I heard so much about you but I never expected this..." Her gaze rose to meet his again. His once gray orbs darkened with lust and hunger. There was utter silence in the room. One of his hands roped around her waist pulling her into his chest and torso. Her palms came into contact with his muscular chest. Her mouth ran dry.

"Mr Anderson-" her voice hitched

"Ronan, I don't want to sound that old" he whispered cutting her off. She pushed her way out of his hulk like grip.

"don't think because I work for you that I'd let you have me anytime you want, because then, Ronan, you'd be wrong!" She walked to the door to open it, just to be pulled back again

"if you think I'm that kind of man that will just give up after refusal, oh honeybee you are so wrong, anything I want I will get, and I want you" he whispered huskily into her ear. The heat in Scarlett's body rose to her face, embarrassed and blushing along with a fit of anger that drenched over her. He released her. She spun around to see a smirk grow on his lips. She huffed and stormed out of the office.

What. The. Actual. Fuck. He doesn't even know me but he wants me. So what what do I care?!

-oh darling you care a lot Scarlett's conscience spoke back you know you like that, a man, not any ordinary man, a fucking hot, charming, possessive, multibillionaire -you know you like that

he's more like a sex God you know-wait WHAT AM I THINKING AGHH she visibly shook her head throwing out the thoughts in the process.