Just Drive (part 3)

I had a few requests for a part three, so here you go!

Will's POV

"This is your house?" I gasped, marveling at the high marble ceilings and the collection of artwork hanging on the immaculate white walls. "It's bigger than my high school!" Nico shrugged, blushing.

"You said you wanted to see how I lived. Here it is." I flopped down on one of the many white couches scattered around the house, sinking in to the comfortable material.

"I didn't expect this! You live like a king!"

"I live like this because my dad somehow managed to fight his way to the top of the business world. Come on, we need to get ready for this gala."

I followed him up winding staircases, Nico greeting a maid as we passed her, dusting the railing of the stairs. "So, what exactly is this gala for?" I asked as Nico pushed open the door to his father's room.

"It's a fundraiser for animal shelters. My dad mostly uses it for publicity, and he forces me to come because of his insane fantasy that I'll take over his company." Nico thrust open his dad's closet, revealing racks upon racks of fancy suits and beautiful tuxedos. Nico flipped through them, looking bored, while I ran my fingers across a dark red one, the fabric soft underneath my fingers. "Here, try this on," Nico ordered, tossing me a black, three piece suit. "If you're coming to this thing you need to look the part. My dad was wary when I said I was bringing you, and he won't settle for anything less than perfection."

"Won't he notice I'm in his suit?" I asked. Nico shook his head.

"He hasn't worn that for ten years. I don't think he even knows he has it. It's a waste, honestly. Come on, you can change in the bathroom." He showed me to the bathroom, directly next to his bedroom and the size of my bedroom back in my apartment. Like the rest of the house it was white, with gold running across the edges of the bath and the toilet. The towels were all monogrammed and a huge mirror took up an entire wall. "I'll wait out here for you," Nico promised. He ducked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

------

I slid into the suit, smoothing out the wrinkles as I observed myself in the mirror. The black made my freckles pop just the right amount and made my hair stand out. In the suit I looked like I belonged in the bathroom. I looked like I could have belonged anywhere. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a different person staring back at me.

I heard a soft knock at the door. "Will?" Nico called. "Are you almost done?" I broke my gaze from the mirror and turned my eyes to the door.

"Yeah," I responded. "I'm coming." I swung open the door and when Nico stepped out from behind it, my jaw dropped.

I had never seen someone look better. Like me he wore a black suit but somehow he pulled it off so much better. He looked like someone who was confident, who had grown up around rich people and fancy things and knew exactly what to do in any given situation. His hair was combed back, showing off his sharp features and jawline. Then he laughed and I was snapped out of my reverie.

"What are you looking at?" he asked, the smile lighting up his face and making him look better than I had ever seen him.

"N- nothing," I stammered. I was positive I was blushing hard. Nico checked his watch, cursing underneath his breath.

"We should go meet my dad," he sighed. "He'll be downstairs." I followed him down the stairs and as we got closer to the bottom a man came closer into view, a man who gave me chills even before I saw him. He gave off an aura of power, and I knew at once that he was not a man to be crossed.