Playing With Chance - Chapter 30

I crept down the stairs in Chance's boxers, and one of his t-shirts, trying my best not to disturb anyone.

When I woke up I wasn't really hungry, but after a few hours my tummy started to growl.  I would have brought Chance with me to get food, but he didn't look like he had slept since he brought me home, and he had finally fallen asleep.  There was no way I was going to put my stomach before my rescuer.  That's just mean.

And I wouldn't let you do that to him.

Instead I was sneaking around his house trying to follow my nose to the faint smell of food that I knew must be coming from the kitchen.

Of course sneaking works much better if you're not trying to sneak around in a house of werewolves.

Hero came up from behind me, and swept me off my feet, "Welcome back to the world of the living!" he yelled as he crushed me in a hug.  Pulling back he gave me a stern look, "Did you know that your walls aren't sound proof."

I could feel the heat going to my face, and my jaw slowly dropped, "On second thought I don't think I'm hungry...."

He's bluffing.

How would you know?

He started to laugh loudly, and pulled me back into his hug, "I was joking.  They're totally sound proof.  Even for a werewolf.  Though it was funny to see your reaction."

That's how I know.  Besides, you would have been able to tell if you knew how to use that thing you call a nose.

"She's awake!" Brandy screamed, pulling me out of Hero's death grip to replace it with one of her own.

"Are you planning on alerting the whole house?"

"YES!!!!  Elizabeth is awake everyone!  She's awake, and walking around!" Finally pulling back Brandy gave me a confused look, "You smell funny...."

Did I need a shower?

Most likely, but that's not what she's referring to.

"Probably because I'm not in my own clothes."

"No," she said tipping her head to the side, "You smell funny.  Not your clothes, you.  It's more like Chance than I remember.  Even after he changed you, you still smelt more like you than him, but now...."

"Alright Brandy, no more commenting on Elizabeth's sex life.  She's been sleeping for the past week, and she had her first shift during that time.  I don't know about you, but I think I would be starved if I did something like that."

That would be what she was referring to.

"Wait....  Did you just say....?  Is he telling the truth?  Is the weird smell because you....." 

"Hero is right.  He's also right about the me being hungry thing.  Can we go to the kitchen?"

Instead of waiting for Brandy to answer me, Hero started to lead me through the house, and to the kitchen.  

That was probably for the best since Brandy started to talk a mile a minute, and cling to my arm, as we walked.  Something about the colors needing to be blue, and black.  I don't know.  I did my best to ignore her.  It was still kind of annoying, but it was bearable for the food.

"What do you want to eat?  They have pretty much anything you could possibly want, and I'm cooking, so...."

"I think I'm going to go with some pancakes."