title of your story or chapter

Walking through the market on a hot day always managed to put a huge smile across my face. The sharp rays of the sun hit my skin like bullets and the heat was close to unbearable, but I took advantage of that. It’s not every day that you get sun in England. I smiled at the familiar faces that stood behind the stalls as I made my way up to the fruit stall. I was a regular here, along with a few other people that I had gotten to know over the years. I’d lived in this same town all my life, so I was no stranger to anyone. Most of the people living here had been here most of their life too, we’re like a family. Although we’re like a family, most of the people are older than my grandparents. They baby me and spoil me like we’re actually related, although I’m 25 years old and I’ve lived on my own since I was 18. They all know I’m quite capable of caring for myself, but still, it’s nice to have them around when I don’t have any family left, and I’m sure me being around helps them too. I don’t see many relatives coming to visit them often. It’s quite a quaint little town; we don’t get tourists here so it’s quiet most of the time. I love it, it’s perfect for walks, and you always feel so safe and secure, because you know that nobody would bother coming here for a crime unless they felt the need to rob an old woman for her pennies and bingo cards.

So, I was walking along this market, picking up my regular pound of apples when suddenly they slipped from my grasp and fell to the ground. Before I even got the chance to bend down to get them, a deep voice came from nowhere. “I’ll get them,” said the stranger, as he bent down and retrieved them from the floor. I looked up at the man. I’d never seen him before in my life, he was defiantly new here. Maybe he was a relative of someone? “Ooh mark, you saved Brookes apples!” called out Margret. “It was nothing, grandma.” I’d guessed correctly. Margret was a regular here, someone I was very close with actually, she lived two doors down from me. Mark placed the apples on the table and outstretched his arm towards me. “You must be Brooke,” he said. I looked up at his face. His eyes were green, and they sparkled like emeralds as the light caught them. He was tanned and muscular, and also quite tall. But I was quite short, so everyone towered over me. It took me a second before I reached out and shook his hand, “and you must be Mark.” I smiled and he chuckled softly, “Yes, that’s right.” I pulled my hand away quickly before he noticed my palms sweating. Not only was it hot, but he was gorgeous! I must have looked so silly, my cheeks were glowing red as I spoke to him, his brown hair blowing softly in the gentle breeze. I quickly stopped gawping at him and looked down, choosing some new apples then quickly paid for them. I said goodbye to Mark and everyone else before beginning to walk off. I heard the soft patter off footsteps behind me and I quickly glanced over my shoulder. I saw that mark was hastily walking towards me and before I could say a word he was by my side. I looked up at him puzzled, then looked ahead and continued to walk. “I thought I’d walk you home, seeing as this town is definitely a place you should be afraid of. Killers on every corner,” he joked, and I laughed along with him. “That’s fine by me; I don’t really find anyone my age in this town, so it’ll be nice to have some company. How long are you planning on staying here?” I smiled sweetly, waiting for a reply. “Well, my grandma’s getting on, you know how it is, at some point in our life we’re all going to have to have someone to help us. In my grandma’s case she’s stuck with me. My mum sent me, so I guess I’ll be here a while. Is that a problem?” he smirked at me and I felt my legs turn to jelly. “No! Of course not!” I replied. He just chuckled, “well that’s good then, isn’t it.” He gave me a cheeky wink and my cheeks once again turned a rosy pink and I tried to look away from him to stop him seeing. We continued to walk and chat all the way home. I found out that he’s a doctor and a vegetarian. He’s very strict on his diet and doesn’t drink or smoke, he’s very conscious about what’s happening to his body so he tries to keep fit as best he can. We reached my door and I said goodbye then shut it behind me, but as I went to walk away, there was a knock. I pulled open the door and Mark was still stood there. He gulped before saying “Would you like to have dinner tomorrow night?” he looked nervous. “I’d love to.” I replied with a smile, and then he nodded. “Until tomorrow…” he said then smirked and walked off. I pushed my door shut and leant against it, my smile growing as I sighed. The excitement was building up inside me and after I was sure he’d gone I squealed, letting the excitement inside finally come out.