Chapter 5- My Golden Eyes...

(Mira's point of view)

Me and Prince Izana took a wooden sword from the stand and got in our stances. I crouched down with my sword behind me and a hand stretched out in front of me. Izana was standing tall with one foot behind the other. His sword held out in front of him. While he was wearing his usual smirk, I held my eyes into a sharp glare. My smile was gone and replaced with a tight-knitted frown.

I was the first to move with lighting speed I ran towards Izana with my sword ready to strike. He took a sharp turn to the left and jumped back. I didn't strike just yet, I was waiting for the perfect timing.

But Izana was making it hard, he was only dodging my attacks. Almost as if he was toying with me, no that's exactly what he was doing.

Then he took the offense pushing me backwards with a brutal assault. "No more games." I whispered to myself before blocking his attacks. I pushed up his sword and knocked him of balance for a split second. That's when I struck.

I kicked his left leg and swung my sword at his neck. Stopping just before impact. His smirk was gone, he knew he had been beating. If this had been a real sword then I could have easily killed him.

He drops his sword and laughs. "Ah you truly have sharpened your skills since our first fight." He chuckled to himself.

The last time we fought -also the first time- I was only 15 I had been to eager to prove myself and ended up doing the opposite. He defeated me easily, and I rejected any other challenges since then.

"Of course, it's been years since then." I replied while putting away the wooden sword. He put his away with a smirk, his posture still that of a prince.

"I can't believe you defeated Prince Izana."

(Izana's point of view)

I made the mistake of taking her lightly this time. Last time she had underestimated me and now I underestimated her.

"Are you staying at the castle?" Shirayuki asked Mirayuki with hopeful eyes.

"I don't think it's my place to." Mirayuki responded before climbing up on her horse again. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, I should find a nice inn to stay in. Good-bye everyone." Mirayuki said before galloping away on her black stallion.

(Mira's point of view)

When I finally returned to my room in the inn, I prepared for bed. I brushed my hair and put on my pajamas. Then I took out my colored contacts. I looked in my mirror to see those golden eyes of mine.

Very few people knew my secret, what color my eyes truly were. My parents, grandparents, the triplets, and my best friend back at the lions. They were the only ones that knew.

People think I have blue eyes but they couldn't be farther from the truth.

My golden eyes, a secret that needs to be forgotten.