Chapter 3, Hospitalized Crush

I was wrong. Yesterday I said today'd be great, I was wrong. I woke up feeling great, and I woke up early! I went over to Kreea's house to see her, she wasn't there. I knocked on the door and an older woman opened the door. She looked like an older version of Eliza, in fact she even had the signature purple sundress.

"Hola!" She said.

"Um... hi." I wasn't quite familliar in spanish, I knew "hola" was hi but I didn't want her to think I could converse with her like that.

"Hmm... Might you be, Johnathan?" She asked with a glimmer in her eye.

I nodded and she smiled, offering for me to come in. Suddenly Eliza came running down the hallway with Gavin right behind her. Eliza jumped as she aproached me and I caught her, Gavin high-fived me. Over the past week I had gotten to know not only Kreea, but her whole family too. Eliza had really taken to me, and Gavin apparently thought I was okay too. Kreea told me Eliza didn't talk to or trust very many people, and when she did, it took her a long time to adjust to new people. When I heard this I felt pretty cool, and then worried. I found out Eliza has SAD, social anxiety disorder, but she took to me right away. Gavin introduced me to his Grandmother, the woman who opened the door. They called her Greemaw Heather.  

"So, uh, where is Kreea?" I asked.

"She is in the hospital in her old town, she will be back after supper." Said Greemaw Heather.

"Why?" I asked, suddenly very worried.

"You do not know?" Greemaw Heather frowned as Gavin yanked at the side of her dress, shaking his head.

''You aren't supposed to know yet but if you ask her, I think Kreea will tell you'' Whispered Eliza, in my ear.

I nodded, when she got back I'd ask her. But I was still worried, what if she was sick! I spent a bit more time with the three that were here then left to go see The Gang, but not tell them. I figured if I wasn't supposed to know neither were they or anyone really.

 ***************************************************************************************************

I was walking to The Gang's meeting place when Frank caught up with  me. We made small talk when he stopped me.

"Dude, do you like Kreea? And I mean 'like, like'." He asked.

I was taken aback by his question, especially since always called dibs on cute girls. I rarely even got a shot, but now all of the sudden he cares is I care for someone. Weird.

"No! I mean I like her, she's cool and all but that's it." I replied.

"I just thought maybe you did, and man, if you do, tell her. You don't have to tell me, but you should tell her." He was being all "I am Mr. Care" and I wasn't getting it. But even if this was not unusual for him, why was he telling me this? But I nodded anyway.

When we got to The Gang's hangout, the guys were all arguing and talking about someone. I got their attention and asked them what was going on.

"We can't decide if Kreea's a ten or a nine, and which is better:" Said Brunt, "The long legs or the green eyes. But on second thought we're probably all okay with legs being her best feature. Am I right?" The guys roared in agreement at his question.

"I personally prefer, her." I said.

"Oooh, Johnny-boy's lovin' the whole package!" Shouted Kyle, sending off more roaring laughter. I could literally feel my cheeks turn red.

"No, I mean her personality. She's just a friend." I said, most of them rolled their eyes but Brunt decided to step up.

"Man, that's not what we're talking about. Person aside, what do you think of that dish?" 

I clenched my fists, Brunt was getting on my nerves. But why? I shouldn't care, unless I'm standing up for my friend. That's it, I amstanding up for my friend who just so happens to be a pretty girl. I am not into her, am I? Frank calmed me down and I admitted Kreea was pretty, but did I care? A little, but more importantly I care that she's in the hospital and I still didn't know why.