Chapter 1

The trees were going behind as the car moved further on the road. The atmosphere was cold outside, though it was summer. Maybe, it was because of the trees that surrounded the road. It was early morning. The road was very silent. Only the chirping of birds and sound of wind rushing past the tree could be heard.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by a middle aged women seating in the car in the front seat,"When will we reach there? We are driving for almost an hour" she said looking at the person driving the car. "We will soon reach. What about Cartin-"
"shhhh. She is asleep. If she woke up, she will ask many questions again. It is our fortune that she is asleep and keeping her mouth shut" The man chuckled at his wife's words. The silence was again continued.

Few days ago,

"Cartin, come down for breakfast" a voice came from downstairs which got a response "yes mom" Cartin stood out of the shower and dryed her hair. She dressed herself up in her school uniform which was rather short for her as her height has increased in past few years. She combed her short crimson hair which were rather wavy but shiny. She picked up her bag which was having all sorts of useless stuff which a girl doesn't need in the school, like video games which she plays with her friends, packet of gel to set her hair, if not then water will be enough for her.

After few minutes she checked through her bag if she took everything. Why? Because today was the last day of school and she do not want to forget anything. Its not like she was  going to school for the last time but this grade was going to get over!! She stared at herself with her beautiful blue eyes to check if her hairs were set.

She took her bag and went out of the room slamming the door behind her. She went down just to see the usual scenario. Her mom was cooking the breakfast while her dad sitting at the dinning table and reading the newspaper. She sat down on the chair which was in front of her father.

"Good morning dad. Good morning mum" Her dad pushed his newspaper down by giving a huge smile at her,"good morning, kiddo". Her dad wore specks which looked quite good on his face. He was tall which made him more gorgeous. Cartin thought maybe the genes in which height came, was from her dad. Her dad was an engineer and so he rarely got some time to spend with his family, which he spends very well. Whereas her mother was quite beautiful too. Though she uses makeup she was a natural beauty but once she gets angry it is very hard to convince her. She was professor which quite describes her characteristics.

Well, her mother wanted Cartin to become just like her, that is sensitive and could handle the matter calmly but she became like her father carefree, smart and very tough. But Cartin always thought that neither her mom had crimson hairs and blue eyes nor her dad, because it was a weird combination. Whenever she asked, why not? they would just ignore her.

"Cartin, here drink this" Her mom handed her a glass of milk "Arthur, are you having holidays, I mean that any vacation for you"
"I don't know" he said with a frown "it depends on the management. What about you Lily?"
"Hmm. It's only for few days then I have to go for work again" she sighed.
They looked at cartin,"I know, mom - dad that this year also I will not be spending my vacations with you. Your work is important. I am fine I will spend the time alone in the house". Cartin was disappointed but she never showed that she was, she also thought about her parents that they work so hard day and night just for her, she do not want to interfere in their life.

"Ok then, you will stay with Mrs. Hans" her mom said taking the glass of milk from her hand. "Noooo waaaay" cartin screamed.
"My dear, please, just this one time, she is a nice lady, she will take care for you". Mrs Hans was the most stupidest and dumbest lady she has ever seen. She was a lady Hitler who used to torture Cartin in many ways, not by beating but by other ways like, eating all the snacks which were kept for her, not letting her watch T.V, though cartin only sees one programm that is 'friends', which she likes to watch other than any emotional shows that her mother watches. Well, cartin likes only one thing about Mrs Hans that she never used to interfere on what Cartin was doing.