Chapter 7: About Oliver And First Dates

Anna

I stared at the window during the whole ride, which was not that long as my apartment is only 15 minutes away from the packhouse by car. As soon as I arrived home I took off my shoes and walked to my room, plopped down on my bed and dialed Elena.

 'I am ready,' I whispered as soon as the call connected. 'Well, before he left... Oliver actually proposed to me...' 

'What!! Someone proposes to my best friend and I only find out about it after three years?' She yelled. 

'Who proposed to my baby sister and why I was unaware of this,' I heard my brother ask. 

'Shh, I will tell you later,' said Elena.

'Sorry for not telling you...' I mumbled and tears stung my eyes.

'Did you two just eloped then...?'

'What? no! We did not get married... but I did say yes...' 

'I need a moment here. Wait, if you said yes why the heck did he leave you for three years?' she asked raising her voice. I could tell she was angry.

'He was offered a scholarship in some European country and wanted me to marry him and move out of the country and away from the pack with him. He did not understood why I could not do that. He did not want to have a long distance relationship either. He just wanted me to abandon my life and follow him as he followed his own dreams.'

'So he took off and cut all contact with you?'

'Yes!' I said. My chin was trembling.

'There is something else, spill it!'  she said in a confident tone. 

I should have known she would find out that was not the whole truth.

'When I was nineteen I went to a party and got way too drunk and high. I was angry because he had said that I could not go out because I was his future wife and I could only go out if I went with him but he did not feel like going... and I panicked... I was not ready for a commitment like that and his friends were there...'

'I do not like where this is going,' she said softly.

'So, I was drinking with them and someone invited us to play truth or dare. We agreed and everything was fine until someone dared me to kiss his best friend and it was an innocent kiss, but after the game was over... I kind of... hooked up with his best friend...' I let out a loud sob.

'I would yell at you but I have no words. You are totally a whore,' she said. 

Even though we both knew that Oliver was not my mate, she always supported Oliver's and I relationship.

'Thanks for the support... So, one of his friends recorded us and sent it to him and when I went back to our apartment he had left. I tried to contact him in all possible ways and he shut me off.' I sighed.

'Evidently,' she said.

'That was three years ago OK? I stopped drinking. I changed. I am not a party girl anymore!' I raised my voice.

'For how long will you hold on? and what happened yesterday then?'

'That is another whole story that I will tell you later. I want to focus on one issue at the time.'

'OK. Good luck. I will call you tomorrow and I expect details.'

'I will need it. Bye.'

As soon as I closed the call my cell phone rang again. The same number as earlier. I gulped.