chapter-11

Savannah laughed out loud and said in between the laughter “oh…my…god…you are….such a …drama queen….that it re…reminded… me…about a soap opera” as she pointed her index finger at Darién.

I was still stunned to process what just happened, but after I realized it I gave savvy the EVIL/Angry look. I couldn’t believe what she did. I didn’t want Darién to know about my feelings like that, especially when I am not cent percent clear about it.

Savannah noticed the evil look I was giving her and said “Uh-oh” running away.

“Savannah! Wait, damn it!” I said as I prepared myself to tackle her down.

“Umm… Eric, could you maybe tackle her down later? We need to talk, I believe.” Darién told me.

I stared at him for a moment as if he was speaking Greek and then I stuttered and fumbled “talk…what? Hmm (I laughed a little uncomfortably). Catch you later Darr.” I said and ran off to find Savannah and give her a piece of my mind.

As I ran I was vaguely aware that Darién was following me. Had I been less oblivious to my surroundings and paying more attention to them I would notice when he caught up to me and pushed me in the pool.

“What the…!” I yelled as the cold water hit my body. “Darién, why did you do that?” I asked Darién, who was doubling over with laughter. On the other side of the pool, I could hear Savannah laughing.

I ducked in the pool and swam towards her unsuspecting laughing body. Quietly and quickly I grabbed her ankle and pulled her towards the pool as she yelped. Soon I could hear other people coming towards the pool and once the realised what happened they joined with Darién, who was laughing his ass off.

As soon as Savannah broke out to the surface she splashed water on me.

“Hey, that’s not fair” I grumbled as I splashed water on her.

“This is not fair?” she asked rhetorically as she splashed water on me. “You pulled me in the pool, now that wasn’t fair. What if I hurt myself, huh?” she said as she splashed water on me again.

“But you didn’t hurt yourself! And stop splashing water on me, it’s irritating” I said and then she splashed water on me again.

“Okay, now this is war.” I declared as I splashed water at her.

“Bring it on, kid. Bring it on!” she replied and from then it was full-fledged water war.

**********

Feelings and emotions were long forgotten as we childishly played in the water. If anyone would have observed us for the past half an hour they would have thought that we were mad people, trying to act like four year olds. Though there was enough water in the pool there was as much water outside the pool.

“Hey…” Darién greeted me.

“Umm… Hi? Sorry, got to go.” I said as I tried to swim away. I don’t know why but I was still feeling shy around Darién. Wait, I do know the reason, the reason being my new found feelings and my unknown confession to him.