California Winter

I can still hear the screams. They still ring in my ears like a song that’s stuck in my head, one I cannot forget. I can remember that night like it was yesterday; the blood, the pale faces, the bright red and blue lights, everything I can see in perfect clarity every time I close my eyes. The nightmares visit me every night now without fail. And now, moving to this new town and new life, I know I don't appear normal to everyone else. And I know people will ask questions. But I'm not prepared for that yet. The memories are too fresh and too real. After all, it has only been a month. So if and when people start asking questions, I don't know what I'll do. I don't know what I'll do.

◊◊◊◊

I watch her through the window, the girl with the dark, haunted eyes. She does not realize how much danger she is in, that she knows far too much. Her mask of normalcy vanishes as she drifts into slumber. She twists and writhes on the bed, not making a single sound. Even after all of my nights here, I have never heard her scream. Not once. Her face contorts in fear and pain. I am suddenly filled with the urge to wake her. No one should suffer as she has. But I cannot forget the rules. Never touch, never speak, and above all, never be seen. I stay hidden within the branches of the tree, the one living thing outside her small home. She does not understand the reality of what she has become involved in. She thought it had ended, that she could find a new life, that she could run. But I know better, you cannot hide from it, you cannot run. It is far from over. The darkness of that winter night was only the beginning.

*******************

Hey everyone!

Been a while huh?

Well as you all know I've been working on editing all my stories, making them better and longer and more realistic and everything. It's taking a while as you might imagine. So here's something to kind to tide everyone over.

My friend and I decided to write something together because we are both interested in writing. And this is it. We decided that we couldn't talk about where the story was going so I actually have no idea how this is going to end! keeping that in mind, there might be some plot errors and holes and stuff simply because we aren't talking about it. So if you see any throughout, let me know. :)

Other than that, I know this part is real short, but we already have a bunch of parts and they are longer. Keep in mind that there are two people both with separate lives, so I can't guarantee regular updates but I will do my best.

Oh and the diamonds, that I'm not actually sure will show up are separating her and my parts

Thanks for all your support guys! I love you all!

Andy