The Up - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

White. All I see is white. White ceiling white wall white people with white lab coats.

"Shh sweetheart you ok, your safe" I hear more mumbling before I drift off again.

When I wake again there's a nice middle aged woman feeding me ice chunks. She looks like my mom, before she got sick. My mom. Dead. I cough up the ice and stare into the woman's eyes.

"How dare you?!" I whisper hoarsely, tears coming to my eyes.

"Shh sh sweetie your okay it's okay your safe" The lady says. I hate her sickly sweet voice.

"Do you know where you are?" she asks. I shake my head.

"Sweetheart your in the up"
Suddenly I feel very awake.

"What?!" I exclaim "but why how. My family where are they?!" by now I'm yelling screaming out my pain.

"Where are they!!" tears begin rolling down my face.

"Calm down sweetie, you should start feeling better any second" I feel a sharp pain in my arm. And suddenly feel very good.

"Your family is safe okay?"

"Okay" I say smiling

"Now your mother paid for you and your brother to be sent to the up for safety"

My eyes shoot open.

"Whaaa- how?!" I cry. She needs all her money to get her medicine. How could she afford this?

The ladies blue eyes swim with concern.

"Would you like to see your brother?"

I nod and she gets up to leave. Every thing here is so clean compared to home. It's seems impossible.

I feel good. It's good here. I begin to giggle as the IV drips more blue fluid into my arm. Blue is a nice colour isn't it? The bright white ceiling starts swimming with dark circles and I giggle again as I drift back to sleep.

***********************
"How's she doing?"

"Fine sir, we just knocked her out again, told her she was going to see her brother"

"Good, make sure you stay in control of her, once she realizes what we did she will be dangerous."