Chapter 1

Before I even begin to tell you who I am, and what my story is let’s get one thing straight. There is more to life than just people and the facts you surround yourselves in. Those facts are all wrong. What you learn about in school is all lies. But most humans don’t know about that. I didn’t.

There are things out there that you could only think of in your wildest dreams. I am one of them.

Also anything you think you know about the hidden world, the world full of what you have called ‘monsters’ and ‘demons’, just forget it all. Vampires don’t sparkle. They also don’t milt in sunlight. The simple fact is that they are blind when in sunlight, even if they wear glasses, they can’t see in it. Don’t worry I’m not a vampire. But I am in no way normal, I’m not human. I’m a lupinotuum, a mannaro, a werewolf.

So now that we have that all cleared up we can get started from the beginning…

***

I ran through the doors of my high school just as the bell rang. I was late. Again. But luckily this would be the last time I would be late for a while, because it was the last day of school. Unluckily for me, it was also the day of final exams.

So instead of wondering around for ten minutes like I usually do, I ran to my science class as fast as I could.

When I peeped my head through the window on the door of the class room, I could see that Ms. Man-voice (whose real name is Ms. Hunts) was turned around writing something on the bored.

I did my best to sneak inside the classroom, ducking my head behind desks until Ms. Hunts calmly said, “Nice of you to join us Ms. DiNozzo. Late on exam day, are we?” Her voice was deep and gruff (hints on why I call her Ms. Man-voice).  She turned her head to me, everyone else in the class did the same.

Not liking the unnecessary attention I nervously said. “Yes Ms. Hunts, sorry.”

“Be happy it’s the last day or else I would have given you detention. Go take your seat.” I took a the only remaining seat, next to some guy that was a grade above me, just like everyone else in the room. I had a majority of my classes ahead of my own grade, I have no idea why I had them- I was a moron.

When the tests were handed out I wrote my name at the top ‘Alex DiNozzo’. Yes, I am Italian. Well an Italian-American. And even then I was only Italian from my dad’s side of the family, from my mom’s side of the family I was Irish, British, Sweetish, French, and I even had a small dash of Cuban.

I am fourteen years old, but tomorrow I am turning fifteen. I have long brown wavy hair that I would normally straighten, but didn’t have time to that morning. My eyes were an electric blue that was kind of purple. I had tan skin which I inherited from the Italian side. I am about 5’7, so fairly tall. I’m thin but still had curves, again thanks to my Italian-ness.

Considering I had studied for once in my life I actually got through the test pretty quickly. Once I turned it into the teacher I calmly returned to my seat, silently praying I passed.

When the bell rang I bolted out of the class room and started running in hopes not to be late. Even though the next day was my birthday I won’t be able to go out with my friend or even have them over to my house, I was too busy working.

My dad had died in the army five years ago. Literally five years ago exactly, we got the news on my tenth birthday. As you can imagine I didn’t have the best party that year.

But that was a long time ago, and I know he didn’t give up without a fight. The real problem was my mom. At first she was just depressed. Then depression turned into blame, blaming me. She used to say it was my fault because ‘he was trying to make me proud.’ But he did make me proud.