Chapter 10 - Poutine

And how exactly is a thousand pound tiger going to go to town?

Cade looked at me like I was stupid and I really didn't blame him, how did I not think of this?

"Touché. Now let me rephrase this; I'm going to town while you stay at home." I smiled sweetly before turning on my heel and walking out the door. I heard Cade jump off the bed and race after me, padding down the stairs close behind.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge before grabbing some steak for Cade, cutting it open with a knife.

I don't remember agreeing to this.

"Hmm, I wonder why that is?" I pondered while tapping my chin, "Oh that's right, you didn't."

Throwing the steak in his dish, I walked down the hallway and into the boot room. Cade followed closely behind, only stopping at the door as I stepped out into the bright sun. I turned around to smile at him and he flattened his ears against his head and growled.

"Don't be so over dramatic, I'll be back soon." I called over my shoulder as I walked towards my car and jumped inside. Glancing up, I seen Cade closing the door with his big head and I smiled in amusement as I put the vehicle in gear.

I pulled out of the drive way and began my way to town.

*************

Stepping out of the cold air and into the small restaurant I unzipped my sweater from around me. Alberta is way colder than Montana and I am quite enjoying it so far. I'm only wearing a thin sweater because if I wear anything less then that I get the shivers and yet the people around me are wearing nothing but t-shirts.

Albertans are weird.

Sliding into a booth, I picked up a menu that was already set out and began to skim over the drink selection. My eyebrows furrowed when I seen there wasn't any sweet tea, just ice tea. Does Canada not have sweet tea?

"Hi, what can I get for you to drink?" A sweet voice made me look up from the menu.

A girl about my age stood in front me waiting for my answer. She had wavy blonde hair that went just past her shoulders and hazel eyes. Her smile was contagious and she had little dimples on either side of her cheeks. Her figure was to kill for and she was relatively tall, around 5'6".

I smiled up at her while glancing at her name tag that read 'Blair'. Pretty name.

"Do you guys have any sweet tea?" I inquired and she chuckled.

"You're from the states aren't you?" I nodded my head to her question and looked at her in confusion. "Our ice tea is the same as your sweet tea."

I felt so stupid now, I should have known this. I faintly remember learning that when I was younger but I just didn't realize.

"Oh....well I'll have that then." I smiled and she chuckled again.

"Did you just move here?" She raised a perfect eyebrow and I was suddenly jealous of her beauty.

"Yes, I'll be starting school tomorrow." I replied simply.

"I think we could be good friends. Now I'll be back with your drink and to get your order." Blair smiled one last time before turning away and going to another table.

I returned to looking at the menu, scanning the items. It all looked good but the beef dip really caught my eye. Beef dip is my favourite and I could feel my mouth start to water already.

"Get that." A hand reached over my shoulder, pointing at something at the menu but I was to busy trying not to have a heart attack to read what it was. I closed my eyes and held my hand over my heart, trying to calm my breathing.