Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Her eyes flung open. Her sleep was fantastic, if not the best. Her eyes were welcomed by the sun.

She lazily stretched her arms and felt a beautiful masculine physique.

She glanced sideways and found Nick sleeping peacefully beside her. His hands on her hips.

She realised she was naked and saw their clothes layed messily on the ground.

She just layed there on the bed, staring at him, and wished inwardly that they could lay there together forever.

Her phone rang that ever ominous ring and she knew reality was knocking hard on the door.

Today was her flight. She felt a stray tear fall down her cheek.

She didn't want to cry. She didn't want to fall for Nick. She knew this was all too good to be true.

How could she be in this position? Why did she have to pick up his glasses? Why did she have to meet him again in the bar?

She felt very morose and knew who she should call.

She slowly got up and put her robe on and headed for the toilet.

She sat on the toilet seat and dialled Gladys, her mom.

"Hello? Hello Robin? For goodness sakes, why is it now you're calling? I've been trying your cell since the last three days! I've---"

Robin cut her off with an exasperated sigh and a sob.

"Mu..mum? I really need your advise. I'm sorry I didn't call sooner."

"Aww darling, what's wrong? Are you OK? Aren't you enjoying your trip?"

She could hear the concern in her mother's voice and that immediately was her undoing. She started sobbing uncontrolably.

"Well, I met this guy..and I'm leaving today. You probably think i'm mad as a hatter but I really have feelings for him mum." Robin said while trying to muffle her sobs.

"Oh love, don't tell me you love him."

Robin didn't answer.

Her mother sighed and then said..

"You know, that's how your father and I met. Two strangers stranded in one of Sweden's biggest cities. It was raining and he offered his umbrella. I was going back to London the next day."

Robin eyes widened at her mother's revalation. It never bothered her to ask how her parents met.

"That's so lovely mum! How did dad find you again?"

"He didn't, I found him. I came back to Sweden, and believe it or not, I went back to the same street and saw your dad stranded in the rain and I offered him the same umbrella he offered me months ago."

Robin never believed in faith or good luck but listening to her mum's story widened her mind.

"That's beautiful mum, you and dad have a very lovely story."

"I know dear." She could hear the sadness in her mother's voice.

"But mum, you know there's no wrong in having another wonderful story with another guy. I love dad but I think he would want you to have another chance at love."

Gladys' heart tightened by Robin's words. She loved her ex-husband and she indeed wanted another chance at love but the idea never came across her mind.

"I love you Robin, I'll take that to consideration. And about the guy, let faith just do it's thing."

"I love you too mum" Robin felt a lot better but didn't really understand what her mum meant by that.

"Now why don't you get over here and we'll talk more about this guy, yeah?"

"Okay mum, love you."

And with that, Robin got up and headed out. She knew she had to break it down to Nick.

As she got out, she was shocked to see Nick sitted with his pants on.

"Goo..good morning." She blurted out. She suddenly felt shy.

She adjusted her robe and found her self fiddling with her fingers.

"Good morning Robin." He said with a hush tone standing up and walking closer to her.

He gave her a light kiss and Robin immediately stiffened.

Something was wrong. She had to break the silence.

"I'm leaving today. I'm going back to London."

His eyes widened and the shock and confusion was apparent.

"Wh..what?" He murmured.

"Yeah, i'm leaving." Robin tried to say in her best casual tone.

She felt a certain distance between them. Just yesterday, the love was evident between them. They made love, which was amazing, and they talked all night.

But now, he just felt like a total stranger. He was being distant. Maybe it was just mere infatuation all along.

The thought made her heart weak.

He remained silent for a while and finally said..

"I'll drive you to the airport."

Robin could only reply with a stiff nod.