before the ball

Delly

Tonight was the night, the Fairy Ball. It had been three days that the Darlings had been here. Cae and Zak came back two days ago, with my skittles I should add. Unfortunatly for Zak, Cae didn't tell him about my obsession and Zak wasn't prepared for me, so he was attacked. Cae just about burst with laughter. Zak, Michael and John became friends pretty quick. I wanted a chance to talk to Cae but Wendy had apparently known him from school or something, so she took up his time. First she took Peter and now Cae. I spent most of my time reading and eating skittles. Zak got me a huge ass bag, bigger than Tink. Speaking of Tink, she was getting pretty jealous of Wendy taking up Peter's time too. She didn't really talk to me about it, but she was like our mother figure even though we were all about the same looking age.

"Delly, do you have a dress that Wendy could wear, she was wondering if she could borrow it? Apparently a lady shouldn't go to a ball unless she is wearing a dress." Peter asked. I look up from my book, shaking my head. He always had brought me every year just to watch from the trees, but this year he was ditching me and taking Wendy. What a little stealer. Peter walked out to go surprise Wendy. I closed my eyes letting a singe tear fall down my cheek. Cae and Zak brought Michael and John to the beach part of Neverland to build some snad castles or something. Sigh. Boys.

I went back to reading my book when I heard a bell.

"Tink?"

"Delly, what are you doing here? Why aren't you at the ball?"

"Peter took Wendy. Why are you here?"

"I'm grabbing my earings. You should go with me. Dance with the fairies. Wear a pretty dress and show Peter how hot you are." She said, flitting about the room. Tink was in a pretty bad mood for some reason. 

"Tink I don't have a dress."

"Turn around" Tink flickered then flew away.

I turned around seeing the most beautiful dress. It was pink with many layers and a tight top. It was perfect. Peter was in for a rude awakening. I was just hoping that he would see past our friendship in search of something more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm sorry that this is so short, but the next chapter is going ot be pretty long. I'm working really hard to stay focused with the end of school coming. I have a lot of studing and stuff...there will be few to no uploads over the summer.

please vote, comment, and fan

share this story if you love it

5 votes and 6 comments for the next chapter so I can really make it perfect

thank you for reading!