Humans and Werewolves Don't Mate

So you're bored, you look up at the ceiling, toss and turn in your bed and you even try counting sheep but no dice you are awake and bored as hell. So like any sane person you creep up stares to the attic or the basement your Gran told you to never go into. At 17, you pretty much have broken all the rules your parents have laid out for you, what the heck one more is not going to do anything.

Right?

So you shuffle through your drawer and find your flashlight which incidentally flickers on and off even before you leave your room, but you ignore it because now you have the thrill of the chase inside you The deadly silence in your house is shut off by the roar of the blood in your ears.

You want to the basement but your parent’s room is just a floor below, take one step down the stares and the creaky floorboard will send out a siren to your light sleeping mother. So you go up instead, towards the attic you have been avoiding since you were seven.

You tiptoe past your twin brother’s room even though you both know he is awake and probably in bed with his latest girlfriend but neither one of you want to have that conversation so you move on one floor up to the attic landing.

The small window by the landing shows you dark gray clouds.. The Lunar calendar in your room had told you it was the full moon but it seemed even the moon wants to play hide and seek today. You pull the ladder down and stare up into the abyss; your heart beats faster but your brain pumps endorphins into you so you ignore your common sense and go up the ladder.

Despite the fact that your hair is black you feel like the dumb blonde girl who goes to the cellar shouting ‘anyone there?. The moment you enter the attic you enter the attic you are reminded of why you stayed away from it for ten years.

Spider webs flatten themselves against your face, so you give a little breathless scream but undeterred you go about your looking at the memories stuffed in such a small room. You walk deeper into the room and get startled by a soft body under your feet.

You gasp and look down only to find Ms. Mimssy, your first ever doll. Suddenly this place doesn’t look scary anymore, it's just one giant dark museum of your life.

Then you hear it, that sound that tells you all is not well, the sound that only appears when you least expect it. The crackling of white noise that has no place in existing in this world but don’t worry like your mother told you before ‘ghosts only exists in the minds of those who want them to exist’ but you look closely at the chest where the noise is coming from.

You reach for it slowly and hesitantly but before you reach it. The thing locked inside breaks out and you see your first glimpse of the horror within.

You scream as loud as possible.

Then you wake up drenched in sweat.