The Dark Side Of The Moon- Crescent Moon

“It’s not healthy to bite your nails, ” someone said behind me.

I jumped, dropping my firmly polished fingernails from my mouth.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you like that.” Someone said.

“Yeah. Whatever.” I look up expecting to see a big jerk who thinks they know everything. But instead I found a familiar pair of beautiful brown eyes. “Yeah. Um...”

“David Grant.” He held out his hand for me to shake, but I just stared at it like it

was another species. He looked like he wanted me to say something, so I did.

“Leah, ” I said hesitantly. He looked innocent, but looks can fool you.

“No last name?” He asks politely.

“That’s all you need to know about me.” I turned around, hoping that he would get the hint just leave me, so I can mourn in peace. But to my disbelief, he followed me.

“What do you you think you are doing?” Rage building inside of me. My brother always said I had a short temper. I guess that got the best of me in the end.

“ You have a short temper, you know that?” He says, looking at me like he knows something I don’t.

I ignored that comment and continued my rant, “You’re following me,” He just stared at me, blankly. “Why?” I said angrily This guy is starting to freak me out. Usually I freak people out.

“I need to tell you something.” He starts walking again, and I turn back around and start to catch up with him.

He stops and stares at me.

“Well, are you going to tell me or not?”

“I can’t now.” I gave him a confused look. “ Tomorrow. After school.”

He started to walk away.

“ Wait.” I yell to him, not believing that I was going to trust him. “Where do we meet?”

“Gateway Water Fountain.” He says, back still to me.

For some reason, I feel like I can trust him, with my life if it came down to it.

“David, ”at the sound of his name I jump out of my chair and looked up at Mrs. Key.

“How may I help you?”

I took my earphones out of my ear and and looked at the familiar pairs of brown eyes. He opens his mouth and says, “Mr.Thompson needs to speak with Leah. He sent me to get her.”

“Are you sure?” Mrs. Key asks.

David nods, “Yes, he wants her to come immediately.”

She looks at me, “Is that true, Leah?”

“I don’t-” The look on David’s face makes me change my mind.

“Yes,” I say looking at him. “It’s true.

Mrs. Key looks at me unsure but lets me go. I gather my things and rush towards the door. Not because I’m afraid Mrs. Key is going to change her mind, but because of the whispers of the other sophomores. I know I shouldn’t care what they say to me, but I do. I know it shouldn’t get to me, but it does. The scars of my life is proof of that.

I quickly walked towards the end of the hallway, hoping not to get really called to the principal's.

David leads me into the parking lot and opens his door to his 2010 red Shevi.

“Get in.” I stood there acting like an idiot, staring into those eyes. “Now. We are in a hurry.” he said. I snapped out of it and got in the car. I buckled in and looked around. Spells like dog, but I ignored the smell and turned to David getting in the car.

“What happened to meeting me at the Gateway Water Fountain?” I ask.

“Change of plans.”, is all he says.

“Change of plans, how?” I ask, trying to get more information.

“We have to go. Out of town. Tonight.”, he says.

“We have to go. Out of town Tonight.” I repeated, not believing my ears. “ Why do you keep on saying we, like I agreed to all of this?”

His head turned slightly towards me, “Look, it’s complicated.”

“So make it uncomplicated.“ He stares at me like I just slapped in the face.. “Look, if this concerns me, I should know what it is. Complicated or not. You dragged me in here. You wanted to talk to me, so talk.”

David sighs, “ I can’t”, he simply says.

“You can’t.” I repeat.

His head slightly turned toward me. “ I’m sorry. I just can’t. It’s against-”

I hold up my hand for him to stop. “ You know what? I don’t care anymore, just take me home.”

David sighs again.

“What now?” I ask

“I can’t. It against the rules. If I-”

I silenced him with an angry sigh.

           “I’m sorry.” He whispers so low as if he didn’t want me to hear it.

How are you liking the story so far, vote, comment: give me some feedback, so I know what to work on.