Chapter 7: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Chapter 7: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon [Not Edited]

This chapter is dedicated to fourloveforever for the amazing banner she made me! Please follow her and check out her Miles Teller Fanfiction, Briles.

I had been dreading Saturday all week and now it was finally here. Michelle had arrived last night, so we had barely gotten any sleep because of how talkative she was. She'd told us all about Yale, and Georgia had filled her in on what she'd missed in New York. Quite a lot, to be perfectly honest. I never mentioned meeting Miles, Zac, Shai, Theo and Mike because I wasn't sure how they would react. I planned to tell them at some point but now was not the time. I sunk deeper into my bed and pulled the covers up when I heard footsteps walking towards my bedroom door.

The door slammed open and I squeezed my eyes tightly shut pretending to be asleep.

"Brookie, today is the day! We are finally meeting my future husband! So get your lazy ass out of bed and stop pretending to be asleep!" Michelle chirped happily before yanking the covers off me and exposing me to the chilly apartment with no heating. It was lucky it was Summer, because in Winter this place became unbearable.

"Ugh, give me a minute. It's not even 11am yet and the show isn't until the evening. Notice that it's called LATE NIGHT with Jimmy Fallon." I groaned at her.

"That doesn't matter, we are getting there early to try and get a glimpse of Miles!" she squealed.

"Calm down Michelle, I promise we'll get there a bit early. Or if we leave it up to you, 6 hours early." I said mockingly, dragging myself out of bed.

"Whatever," she glared at me, "Just be ready to leave, because if we are late because of you I will stab you in the eye with a butter knife."

She swivelled around and marched out of the room. I honestly have no idea how someone can threaten to 'stab you in the eye with a butter knife' without cracking a smile. The things I didn't miss about Michelle were her mood swings, and her sensitivity. One second she's practically glowing and the next she's plotting your murder. I guess her love for Miles has reached extreme levels.

---

I sat nervously in my seat, tapping my knee. I was right about Michelle forcing us out here 6 hours early. My legs were exhausted, but they were the least of my worries. Luckily, Miles hadn't spotted us me when he came in as I hung low and tried to avoid eye contact. I missed texting him, but I wasn't sure what to say. He hadn't texted me either because I'm sure he was still totally embarrased. 

"We're back!" Georgia declared and flung herself into the seat next to me. 

"We haven't missed anything have we?" worried Michelle. Her mood had changed again, and she was happy as ever after spotting Miles. I almost scoffed at the though; she didn't even talk to him.

"Chill guys, you haven't," I rolled my eyes, "But I n-"

I was interupted by a loud noise coming out of the speaker. "Please take your seats ladies and gentleman the show will begin in 2 minutes. For filming purposes, the doors will be closed when the show starts and you will not be able to re-enter the theatre."

This was just the oppurtunity I was looking for. "Gotta go to the bathroom, I'll be right back!" I yelled to Georgia and Michelle, already halfway down the aisle. I couldn't see the worried looks on their faces, and I jumped out the door of the theatre to the sound of a firm voice.

"Ma'am, unless you go back inside that room right now, you won't be able to watch the show," the security guard bellowed.

"That's cool with me!" I reassured him before skipping to the toilets. I would just my friends that the mean, old, security guard wouldn't let me back in.  

I sat on the chair outside the bathroom for the entire show.

---

As the sound buzzed to signal the end of the show I rushed back inside to find Georgia and Michelle almost in tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking alarmed.

"That was the best show ever! We were so close to Miles, and he smiled at me!" Michelle exclaimed, the biggest grin ever spreading across her face.

"He was smiling at me!" Georgia frowned.

I rolled my eyes at their silly argument before demanding we leave. They didn't even ask me why I wasn't there for the show, hell, they probably didn't notice. We walked out of the building and I spaced out because all I could hear was them giggling like middle-school girls. I hadn't even realised where we going when I bumped into a man a little bit taller than me. Damn, I had to stop making a habit of this.

When he turned around my face went from shock, to happiness, to guilt. Even though I had missed the whole show of one of my favourite comedians to avoid him, we still seemed to meet. I looked across to my friends whose mouths were hanging open like a couple of fish. They looked to dazed to even talk.

"Brooklyn?" Miles asked in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

"I-um- we-uh-they came to see your show," I stammered, my face turning red.

"You came to see my show?" I saw a slight smirk form on his lips.

"Well, yes, but I didn't end up seeing it... those two did though!" I said accusingly. The voice in my head said I should shift the attention off myself.

"Brooklyn. What the actual fuck. Why did you not tell us that you knew MILES FUCKING TELLER!" she screamed in my face.

I winced at the volume of her voice. There was no good answer to that question. I should have told them. I looked at Miles for help when I got lost in those gorgeous brown eyes of his. My focus dropped until I noticed Georgia and Michelle glaring at me and waiting for an answer. 

"Well maybe she didn't tell you but you know now, so it's good to meet you!" Miles said quickly, giving them a cute smile. Wait, cute?! Aaah what's wrong with me?! Whatever he did it worked and the anger on their faces faded and was replaced with  making the anger fade from their faces to be replaced with dazzling smiles.

"It's actually so incredible to meet you! I've waited all my life for this," Michelle shrieked, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Yeah sure you have," he chuckled, before turning to Georgia, "And what's your name?"

"G-Geo-Georgia," she stuttered and colour flooded her cheeks, "I'm happy I got to meet you."

"Thanks, well it was great meeting you girls! Do you mind if I talk to Brooklyn in private for a minute though?" Miles asked.

"Sure," Michelle shrugged. She grabbed Georgia and they walked away whispering.

"Ok so Brooklyn, about last week, I'm genuinely sorry and utterly embarrased about what I said. I'd really like to still be friends with you."

He looked down at me, his eyes twinkling, and I knew I could only respond in one way.

"Definitely," I smiled back up at him, "It's forgotten."

"What's forgotten?" Miles grinned back at me.

Question: Have you ever been in the audience of a tv show? I was gonna see The Voice but the tickets were the same price as concert tickets, RIP OFF! So I haven't.

twintales x

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW