Chapter 2: Two Different Worlds

I head out of my hotel room and head to the front desk. "Excuse me, where is the closest shopping mall?"

A female worker looks at me and she smiles. "I'm actually just getting off work if you would like me to show you."

I nod at her offer. "If you don't mind."

"Great!" She exclaims as she punches out for the day. "Do you need some new clothing, make-up, or something else?"

"A little bit of everything," I reply and I show her my wad of cash that Adam gave me. "I have to find a way to spend this money after all."

She laughs. "I'm guessing you have someone special looking after you."

I raise an eyebrow and laugh at the thought of what she's suggesting. "Actually, someone who is closer to being like a fairy godmother."

She chuckles at my response and she begins leading me out of the hotel. "You're funny! By the way, I don't think I introduced myself properly. My name is Crystal Young, I'm related to the owner of the hotel."

My eyes widen because never in the whole entire webtoon did Adam mention his sister. "You're his sister?"

She nods but she has a frown on her face. "He never says anything about me though so no one really notices our relation outside of work. Everyone at work picks on me and say my brother only gave me the job out of pity or because he never liked me. The truth is, I always wanted to work and help my brother become a successful man."

I try to hold back any feelings I am beginning to feel. I can relate to her character so much because I would do the same thing for my family or for someone I really care about. "I'm sorry that people are like that to you. Honestly, you seem like a good person."

She smiles and hooks her arm with mine. "Thank you! That actually means a lot...umm...what's your name?"

I think for a moment and try to search the inner corners of my mind for a name. "Eve...Eve Harris."

"Eve? That's a really good name! You're also very pretty by the way," she says and she smiles. "I'm glad to have met you today or else I would have been really lonely."

"Do you not have any friends?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "All my friends moved away and or don't keep in contact with me anymore. Sometimes, people have to go their separate ways to make it in life. I never tried making new friends because people seem to form a really bad opinion of me once they realize I work for my brother and or know that I'm related to him. Adam is a great guy and actually very kind but he doesn't really think of others right away."

He kinds of reminds me of someone I know when you think about it but let's forget about that stupid creator. "I can think of someone like that. My boyfriend is like that and he's arrogant too."

"You have a boyfriend? Where's he at?" Crystal questions me.

I shrug. "I have no idea where he is at the moment because I left his house a while ago. I actually had a friend lend me some money and get me the hotel room. They are actually a decent person who I owe a lot to."

Crystal nods and we finally arrive at the mall. "This mall is a really popular place to go right now because they have all the famous stores in the world. Let's see where we should go first, I'm thinking a clothing store."

"Is my outfit really that bad?" I ask her.

She shakes her head while laughing. "It's just you don't fit in really well. You seem kind of like someone who isn't into all the trends going on in the world. To fit in these days, you have to follow the trends." Trends...the very thing I dread the most in the world besides this webtoon. I feel like the creator made everyone just like him...rich, popular, and obnoxious.