seventeen

Taehyung stopped his car outside a 90s style diner. Hopping out of the car, you slipped your Gucci necktie into your bag, because you looked way too prim and proper wearing that.

"They're already here," said Taehyung, looking over at a black van. "C'mon, let's go in. I'm starving."

You walked into the diner, the warmth engulfing you. You felt a smile appear on your face as you took in the interior of the diner. It had a homey, yet club-type of feel to it, with dimmer, warm lights and neon signs scattered on the walls.

Sheryl and the rest of BTS were seated in the corner booth, where there was no window. No one would be able to spot you guys unless they came in.

Taehyung sat down on the worn sofa seat, and patted the spot next to him. Awkwardly scooting in next to him as the members of BTS and Sheryl watched the both of you, you simply mumbled a few greetings, and picked up the seasoned menu to browse through the food.

Jin was smirking at you and Taehyung, but you didn't know why. It made you slightly uncomfortable, so you just hid your face in the menu.

"How was work?" chirped Jimin, beaming at you.

"I-it was fine, I guess," you replied, giving Taehyung the side-eye. He shook his head slightly, telling you that you shouldn't mention Tanya. Not yet. Frowning at Taehyung's antic, Jimin turned back to you.

"Do you want to go to a haunted house with us? There's one at a newly opened carnival nearby," Jimin smiled. "We'll be heading there after this."

"Sure!" you exclaimed. "Please tell me Sheryl is going, her reactions at haunted houses are priceless!" You laugh as Sheryl glares at you, and Jungkook's face turns to you in interest at the mention of Sheryl's name.

A waitress bustled over with a notepad and pen in hand.

"What will you be having?"

All of you took turns to place your orders.

The food started to arrive 10 minutes later, starting with the drinks you guys ordered.

Taehyung eyed your root beer float greedily, and you glared at him from the corner of your eye.

"You have your own drink," you said to him, pointing at his peach cooler.

"I didn't know they had root beer float  here," he pouted, drawing circles on the condensation on his glass.

You rolled your eyes. "Fine, you can have a sip, if you let me have some of your drink."

"Deal," Taehyung agreed, sliding his glass over to you.

"What the heck guys, just date already!" groaned Yoongi, who was watching you both with a look of distaste on his face. "Seriously, these little lovey-dovey actions in disguise make me sick."

"Yah, don't talk so much, hyung. You do these kind of things when you're with Holly too!" Taehyung retorted, taking a large sip out of your drink.

You scooped up a peach from the bottom of the peach cooler and munched on it. If Taehyung got to eat some of the vanilla ice cream floating on your drink, you deserved some peaches too.

"Okay, give it back," you said to Taehyung, sliding his drink back to him. Your mouth fell open when he shook his head, taking a huge gulp of root beer. Your root beer.

You snatched the glass from him, which resulted in some of the fizzy drink spilling onto his pants.

Frowning at you, he grabbed some napkins that a (still) smirking Jin handed to him. He wiped at his pants, which did nothing. He was only spreading the drink onto the fabric.

Sighing, you snatch the napkins from him and press it onto his outer thigh, at the spot where the drink spilled, so the liquid could be absorbed.

Your heard pummelled against your chest when you heard his breath hitch in his throat, producing a soft but unmistakable gasp. Sheryl, Jungkook and Jin smirked at each other, sending each other looks that made them look like human lenny faces. Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon were discussing something, and paid no attention to whatever was happening - and Jimin looked cold and grumpy watching the both of you, unlike his cheerful self just now.

"Sorry," you gush, pulling your hand away from his leg. "But that's what happens when you steal my drink. First, it was bingsu, and now, my root beer float."

"Seriously, Y/N, it's not normal to hold a grudge agaisnt someone for so long just because they ate some of your bingsu," Taehyung whined.

"You ate the whole bowl, Poophead oppa!"

"Stop calling me that," he said, his voice dangerously low. It made your hairs stand on end.

"Okay," you smirked, "Poophead oppa."

He was about to retaliate when the food came - all grudges and arguments dissipated when the delicious smell of meat patties grilled to perfection, topped with parmesan truffle fries wafted into your noses.

It was time to eat - and probably learn more about the other faces of Tanya.

---

a/n

HAHAH the rest of BTS are like third wheels im sorry

but BTS, you and Sheryl in a haunted house coming soon ;)