Mad as a Hatter Chapter 4

I finally returned home just as the sun had passed the horizon. "Just in the nick of time" I grasped the golden door handle of my front door and waltzed inside. "I'm HOME!" I happily sang, just glad to have returned. There was no reply. "Mom? Dad?" I yelled as I searched the house. When I reached the kitchen I found a note attached to the fridge. It read as following:

"Went out to dinner with the neighbours, will be home late. Dinners in the fridge.

Love mum and dad"

"Well at least I don't have to explain why I was late." I moaned with a soft sigh. I gradually made my way upstairs to my room.

My house was pretty big, two stories. The ecterior of the house was white with brown windowsills. We were the only house on Raffario Street so when mum says neighbours she usually mean the people 3 streets down from us. Mum and dad often went out to dinner with them, leaving my home alone.

When I reached my room I grabbed my iPod and practically jumped onto my bed. Stuffed animals went flying onto my brown carpet. My room was pretty neutral, brown carpet, cream walls, and brown bedspread. I had always asked to change the colour scheme but mum and dad always declined my ideas. So instead I stuck every poster I could find along my wall, mostly of movies stars and singers.

I positioned my headphones properly and put my iPod on shuffle. Flat battery, damn. I jumped up and turned on the radio and I changed from my muddy school clothes into something more comfortable. Black tights with a long while t-shirt, sounds ok. I plonked myself back onto the bed and thought about today's events once again. Somewhere along the line I fell asleep to the sound of the radio.