Chapter 2.

(M.A.I.M.M)

Lauren's POV

Inside, it was brightly lit, and warmer than I'd hoped. The office was small; a little waiting area with padded folding chairs, orange-flecked commercial carpet, notices and awards cluttering the walls, a big  clock ticking loudly. Plants grew everywhere in large plastic pots, as if there wasn't enough greenery outside.

The room was cut in half by a long counter, cluttered with wire baskets full of papers and brightly coloured flyers taped to its front. There were three desks behind the counter, one of which was manned by a large, red-haired woman wearing glasses. She was wearing a purple t-shirt, which immediately made me feel overdressed.

The red-haired woman looked up. "Can I help you?"

"I'm Lauren Sounds," I informed her, and saw the immediate awareness light her eyes. I was expected, a topic of gossip no doubt. Daughter of the Chief's flight ex-wife, come home at last. "Of course," she said. She dug  through a precariously stacked pile of documents on her desk till she found the ones she was looking for. " I have your schedule right here, and a map of the school."

She brought several sheets to the counter to show me. She went through my classes for me, highligting the best route to each on the map, and gave me a slip to have each teacher sign, which I was to bring back at the end of the day. 

Sorry Guys... I will continue the story next time... thanks fer understanding and reading ^^  Don't forget to comment,vote and fan ^^