Chapter One

Chapter one....

Here...

We...

Go...

Ugh... I hate shopping for food. I'd rather be sitting inside the house playing Demon Souls then to be here looking for a can of peaches in the wrong isle. I let out a sigh and look down another row.

There is so many things I could be doing besides this. I came to the caned food isle and found what I was looking for.

"Ah ha!" I exclaimed. Now I can leave. I tossed the can into the basket and went to the checkout line. The cashier was a girl. When I got up there, her eyes widened, "Hello, s-sir. How are you?"

I gave her a smile, "I'm perfectly fine Miss. How about you?"

She dropped a pickle jar and gasped, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to drop it!" She bent over to pick it up. I walked behind the counter and helped her, "It's quite alright. I didn't buy them yet so it's no problem." I grinned.

After the mess was cleaned up she went back to my things. Wiping down my trench coat, I looked at the food and grimaced. My roommates can be disgusting some times. Anchovies, celery, prunes, and even more things. I picked up the bags and carried them to my car.

"They owe me big time for this..." I sighed closing the car door. I got in and began driving home. I hit a stop light. Being my usual self, I looked off to the side. There was a little park. It's been abandoned for some time now.

I looked up at the sky and noticed that the sky was getting dark. News broadcast came on the radio and they were talking about getting snow and light rain soon.

Great. That's not something I need before getting home. I need to hurry.

I kept looking around and noticed some movement near the slide. It was a person. I know I shouldn't go over there to see but... it's tempting. Curiosity got to me and I pulled off to the side. I got out of my car and ran across the street. The park was run down and rusted from an up close veiw.

I walked closer to the slide and stopped. I could see a tiny siloette of a person.

The person moved again. I walked closer, "Excuse me?" I called out. I heard a gasp. They ran off into the small forest near by. I followed them, wondering who it was.

"Wait! I just want to ask you something!" I screamed out. The person looked back, and when they did, they tripped.

"Ah!" It was a girl's voice. I rushed to her and leaned down.

"Miss? Are you alright?" I asked. I grabbed her elbow and raised her up.

The girl looked at me and I couldn't help but stare, She had dirty blond hair with hazel eyes. Her eyes were gorgeous. They were a hunny color with a light green on the rims. She had a baby face that mad her look cute. She opened her mouth to speak, "Who are you?"

I let go of her elbow and placed my hand over my chest, "My name is Andrew. What's your name?"

She looked down, "Elizabeth..." Elizabeth huh? It suited her so well.

"What are you doing out here Elizabeth?" I asked her. She didn't answer me.

I crossed my arms, "Are you lost?" She shook her head. "Were you waiting for someone?" Once again she shook her head.

"Well then... what on Earth were you doing?" It was almost 8 o clock and she was still outside. Where were her parents?

She looked at me with tears in her eyes, "I-I live here."

My breath caught in my throat. She lived here? In the abandoned park? "How old are you?" Came out of my mouth.

"Sixteen..." She answered.

"Where are your parents?" I asked scratching the back of my head.

She shrugged, "They left and didn't come back..."

"And when was this?"

"About two weeks ago," She said. Two weeks ago. What did she do for food? I guess that's why she wa at the slide. That must have been her bed.

 I looked at my watch, it was getting late. I couldn't leave her out here. It was suppose to get really cold tonight and even rain and snow. I don't want to leave this poor child to freeze tonight.

I thought about it and came to a decision. I looked around and then back at Elizabeth. The guys are going to kill me for this...

"How would you like to come live with me?" I asked the orphan girl.

She looked at me with wide eyes, "Why would you want me to live with you?"

I smiled down on her, "Well, I just can't leave you here. Besides, there should be a snow storm in a couple of days. So... which would you rather have? A nice warm house? Or a cold slide with snow covering every inch of it?"

I know it's not good to talk to strangers let alone ask them to come home with you. But this girl is different. I can feel it...

Elizabeth looked down. She began playing with her fingers.

"Well?" I questioned.

She looked at me and smiled, "Only if you promise not to bite me."

I looked at her, shocked.

How did she know I was a vampire?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So how did I do? Good, bad?

Leave comments to let me know how I did!

It will make you AWESOMEEEEE!!!! XD