Greek Goddesses

List of Greek Goddesses, Their Names & Their Realms of Influence

Achelois

A minor moon goddess whose name means "she who washes away pain".

Alcyone

One of the seven, Pleiades and daughter of Atlas and Pleione. She bore several children with the god Poseidon.

Alectrona

An early Greek goddess of the sun, daughter of Helios and Rhode, and possibly goddess of the morning.

Amphitrite

Greek goddess of the sea, wife of Poseidon and a Nereid.

Antheia

Goddess of gardens, flowers, swamps, and marshes.

Aphaea

A Greek goddess who was worshipped almost exclusively at a single sanctuary on the island of Aegina in the Saronic Gulf.

Aphrodite

Goddess of love and beauty and married to Hephaestus.

Artemis

Virginal goddess of the hunt and twin sister of Apollo.

Astraea

Known as the "Star Maiden", daughter of either Zeus and Themis, or of Astraeus and EOS and associated with the Greek goddess of justice, Dike.

Até

Greek goddess of mischief, delusion, ruin, and folly.

Athena

Goddess of wisdom, poetry, art, and war strategy. Daughter of Zeus and born from his forehead fully grown, wearing battle armour.

Atropos

Eldest of the three Moirai, goddesses of fate and destiny (also known as The Fates). Atropos chose the mechanism of death and ended the life of each mortal by cutting their thread.

Bia

The goddess of force and raw energy, daughter of Pallas and Styx, and sister of Nike, Kratos, and Zelus.

Brizo

Ancient Greek prophet goddess who was known as the protector of mariners, sailors, and fishermen.

Calliope

One of the Muses, the muse of epic poetry, daughter of Zeus and Mnemosyne and the wisest of the Muses.

Calypso

Sea nymph who lived on the island of Ogygia, where she detained odysseus for several years. Generally said to be the daughter of the Titan atlas.

Celaeno

One of the Pleiades, and a wife of Poseidon. Said to be the mother of the sea god's children Lycus and Nycteus

Ceto

Primordial sea monster goddess, the daughter of Gaia and Pontus and mother of sea monsters.

Circe

A goddess of magic who transformed her enemies, or those that insulted her, into beasts.

Clio

The muse of history and one of the nine muses known as "The Muses". Like all the muses, Clio is the daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Mnemosyne.