The Mayo Chicken Conundrum

"It's honestly a chicken burger, lettuce and mayo on a toasted bread bun," I explained, pulling my own Mayo Chicken apart to prove to Sherlock that I wasn't, in fact, lying to him about the contents of the box in front of him.

John alternated sipping his strawberry milkshake and Café Latte, still trying to get his head around all that we had told him. It hadn't taken us long to explain the situation but then it had taken me six McNuggets, large fries and now my Mayo Chicken to get over my breakdown just an hour ago. I was feeling much better now. Even better knowing that I wasn't going to be falsely imprisoned after being framed for a crime I didn't technically commit. I doubted young criminals had access to McDonald's from prison.

"So, what are you going to do with the USB?" John finally asked me, pushing his milkshake aside and clasping his hands around his coffee.

"Well I'm pretty sure you can melt them, so I might just set fire to it. Seems like a nice destructive way to ensure it never returns." I said, taking a bite from the burger and trying not to get mayo all down my chin, "I've double and triple checked that this time there is no way for any of this to resurface ever again." I sighed, not even entertaining the idea of another negative situation arising.

"So does that mean that APS and Mycroft are all sorted as well?" John inquired, looking from me to Sherlock.

"I have been informed of a check being written from APS." Sherlock said, pushing his burger over to me, untouched. Free food, why not. I devoured it happily.

"Mycroft's problems will all be sorted eventually when I actually manage to find time to get over there. I feel like I'm going to have a formal meeting with him about my many, many illegal habits." I muttered disapprovingly.

John just smiled lightly as if he too wasn't trying to think of how much of a criminal I truly was. After all, he had fallen victim to me once upon a time.

He stood then, "Well I have to be off, I'm meeting someone for coffee." He said, straightening his duffle coat and fumbling his phone into his pocket.

"Don't act nervous, she won't find it attractive in a potential suitor," Sherlock said in a tone that suggested that he thought his advice was helpful. I elbowed him then smiled at John, "Good luck, you'll be fine."

He nodded and walked away as Sherlock snarled at me, rubbing his arm.

"How did you know he was meeting a lady?" I inquired, gathering my own things together, getting ready to leave.

"Guessed. He didn't deny it." Sherlock smiled coyly, straightening his scarf and walking away from me towards the door, taking long brick strides.

I hopped and skipped to keep up.

The day outside was warm, the sun shining heavily down and heating up the small breeze that ruffled my hair. A pleasantly nice day for once.

"Where are you heading off too?" I asked as Sherlock looked up and down the street, searching for a cab.

"Haven't decided yet. You?"

"Maybe to the Scotland Yard, I need to go over some stuff with Lestrade especially after the incident with his systems," I said, watching the people who were going about their morning wanderings.

"Sherlock?" I asked suddenly, knowing there may never be a chance to ask again.

He made a noise as if to suggest that he was listening so I proceeded, "This 'Moriarty' guy, does he have it in for you or me? It's just everything I've been involved in so far has somehow linked back to him. He seems to be taking an interest in you."

"Worry is a pointless emotion that distracts the mind." Sherlock mused, flagging a cab as it came around the corner.

"I'm worried about you," I said grabbing his arm to get his attention.

He looked down at me, recognisable curiosity in his eyes, "Why?"

I shuffled my feet, aware that the cab was getting closer as we spoke.

"I just know you get hooked on things and, well, I don't want you trying to tackle him on your own. John and I can help, you don't have to go at it alone . . . you know that, right?"

The cab pulled up and Sherlock reached for the door handle, "Yes."

I sighed as he climbed in, catching the door before he could shut it, "Just don't do anything stupid, promise me?"

He looked at me then, closing the door with a mumbled, "I promise."

The cab pulled away but not before I saw the determination in his eyes. He was already hooked and who knew where the chase would lead him.

I began down the street in the direction of Scotland Yard thinking back over the events of the last couple of days. It was over now. I had the USB to prove it. Yet still, I couldn't shift the heavy weight on my mind and shoulders. The worry of what the future would bring. Not just for myself but for everyone . . . especially Sherlock Holmes.

*the end* . . .

...For now :)

Thank you for sticking with it through thick and thin, my Lovelies. Please vote and leave comments about anything and everything. Also jump over and check out the first instalment of my Star Trek: Into Darkness fanfic and just generally hang around for a little while longer and don't give up hope! Thanks again, and I'll see you around :D xxx