19 ✿

CHAPTER NINETEEN

✿✿

MORAGN WALKED INTO the Vancouver hospital with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. Wandering around, he made his way to the third floor, then started asking around for where Maya's grandmother was.

"Just down the hall, and third door on your left. Room 319."

"Thank you," Morgan smiled, getting excited that he was finally going to be meeting Maya.

Their relationship was interesting to say the least, though Morgan knew that he'd end up falling for her as soon as she'd gotten him to talk by texting lyrics to the song Low.

Morgan ran a hand through his messy hair, tired from the flight to Vancouver. It was around eight at night, and the hospital was quiet.

Rounding the corner, Morgan counted the doors until he was in front of a slightly ajar door, that had Room 319, printed in bold letters on it.

Knocking on the door very quietly, the door opened up more, which revealed a frail woman in bed, and three people, half asleep in chairs.

As the door swung open, all three of their attentions snapped up to the man with mustard coloured kakis, a white t-shirt and flannel, and (almost) ginger coloured hair. He smiled nervously.

"M-Morgan?" His eyes found a girls with dirty blonde hair, and bright blue-green eyes.

A smile formed on his face as he let out a breath, "Maya."

Jumping out of her seat, she took a few steps and grabbed Morgan's hand, directing him out into the hall.

Closing the door quietly, Maya turned to him, her mouth hung open and her eyes were wide. "W-what are you doing here?!"

Morgan laughed, "really, I don't get a hug first?"

Maya scoffed as she stepped forward and engulfed him in a hug. With her arms wrapped around his neck, and his hands resting on her hips, they relaxed into one another. Happy to finally be in the presence of each other.

They both pulled back reluctantly, not wanting to separate just yet. Morgan handed Maya the roses, which she immediately brought to her nose. Smelling them, a grin made its way to her face, "M-Morgan, thank you."

"Anytime, love. How are you doing?"

Before Maya could reply, she stepped forward and gave Morgan another hug, to say thank you. Pulling back she laughed, "no, I ask the questions. What are you doing here?"

Morgan smiled shyly, "I couldn't wait to meet you, and I wanted to surprise you."

Shaking her head, Maya stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the young Maple Leafs player, not able to get enough of his warmth. "Oh, you definitely surprised me."

[authors note]
one more chapter left, and ive started planning a book IM SO EXCITED FOR!! ahhh