Space Chronicles The Beginning

Foreword

Warning: This is a satire of pulp science fiction!!!!

Its well into the beginning of the twenty first century and NASA is a shell of its former self. The rusting shuttle fleet is at the end of its glorious, if not boring, technological run, and the Orion system has accumulated serious flaws. The public is not interested in astronauts in low orbit and the International Space Station is undermanned and poorly maintained.

This will change because American Industry decides to take over space exploration. Politicians are intrigued and disturbed by this unrepentant assertiveness, but even they are amazed by what a concerted effort of a consortium of large and small companies can do if they're motivated by a brilliant charismatic leader, Viktor Woronowycz, a true visionary able to revitalize the dream of exploring the universe.

However, this utopian dream can only be realized by bending known scientific laws and preconceived philosophical beliefs, not to mention spending plenty of cash. To achieve the ultimate exploration of the last frontier, the Consortium breaks the current theories about time and space. Their scientists and engineers also forge new frontiers in material science, and they do it without government support. They know that the government would easily dismiss their ideas as insane and unattainable if they had presented them initially. The only answer is to take the initiative and create the most advanced spacecraft ever conceived of by humans.

But, there are risks. The final frontier is a scary place. That's where a few good men, and women, step up to the plate and lay their lives on the line for the most exciting exploration in the history of humans: the search for sentient extraterrestrials.

A/N:
This story is not meant to be an accurate description or representation of NASA's operational procedures or its management methods. It is only meant to be a backdrop to a fantasy. Actually, it's a satire on the human condition, specifically the gender competition.

This book and all subsequent books in this series are rated MA for lots and lots of nudity and sexual situations, but no graphic sex or bad language. Some of the sexual situations could be considered CFNM situations. This is direct result of having a strong female character in a position of authority over men.

This series could be more accurately called the Tribulations of Angelina, but that doesn't sound like a proper Science Fiction title. Actually, this series is a story about the strange and very complicated relationship between the two main characters, and this unusual relationship constantly changes from episode to episode.

A special thanks to Margaret Turnbull for her contribution of the HabCat, which is a catalog of candidates of nearby stars that may harbor life.

There are many references to space epics, such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, and many others. I make no claim about inventing new Science Fiction ideas. There is nothing new under the sun. I just arranged it differently. I do, however, give reference to the ideas that I have borrowed.