Prologue

"Don't you dare try to stop me Pan, you know how this is going to go"

"I know I'm going to win, in order to do that I need to stop you"

"You'll never win if I'm involved" I say, starting to walk towards where the water met the sand.

"You'll have to pay the price, you know that"

"I'll pay whatever I have to"

"Seraphina" he says calmly.

Whenever he said my name it sent shivers down my spine. He said it so... charmingly yet deviously. I snap my head around to glare at him, not mad at him but mad at myself for letting him have any affect on me.

"I'm leaving this island, I'm going to return to my mother, I'll be happy to never have to see you again"

"Are you so sure about that love?"

For some reason the nickname he gave me, love, didn't affect me as much as my name. I storm straight for the green portal that I had opened, standing near the edge when I reach it. My hair and cloak blew as the portal whirled around.

"I made my mind up long ago" I say, not looking away from the portal.

"But I thought I changed your mind" he says, now standing directly beside me.

I don't take my eyes off of the portal, not even when it started to shrink. I take one last glance at Pan, catching his unusually worried and scared eyes. He hastily pushes his lips against mine, trying to convince me to stay, but as I had said earlier...

"Please stay" he pleads.

"You think a simple action like that is gonna make me stay" I say, getting ready to step into the portal. "It won't"