PART I

P A R T  I
---

Like any other Cinderella tale, a meeting with your prince charming would last a lifetime with you, knowing for sure, that those 3 dances shared will form what we like to call, true love.

Well, in my story, it is a bit different actually.

I met my Prince. Sounds cheesy enough, right? The thing about him was that, although he was wearing a costume, his looks, actions, behavior...all screamed bad-boy/player. Something I was, sadly, attracted to.

Little did I know, my prince charming...was not what I expected. At all.

Let me begin my tale:

Once Upon A Time, in a small town...

It couldn't have been more cliche.

"Come ON, Lia!"

I turned towards my party-loving friend Maia, who was currently jumping along to the music, resembling a rabbit that had just won the carrot lottery.

"What?"

"Oh, lighten up!" Maia rolled her eyes at me and I shrugged. The loud, pumping music and strong lights were only contributing to my pounding headache.

"I'm going out for a bit." I said as loud as I could to Maia over the music and she barely acknowledged me.

I squeezed my way out of the crowd and walked outside of the house, heavily breathing in the fresh air outside.

"Finally," I sighed. "All alone."

I sat down on the grass and stared up at the calm night sky.

Stupid Halloween Party, stupid Maia, stupid costume. I angrily picked at the ground. Maia forced me to this party and dress up as a pirate, for Goodness sake.

Her reasoning was simply ballistic.

F l a s h b a c k
3 hours ago.

"You could meet the one tonight, Lia!"

I rolled my eyes at that. Not again.

"Don't look at me like that!" Maia protested. "Just picture it. You bump into him and he catches you as you fall. The both of you make eye contact and..." She swooned.

I snorted. "Yeah, meeting my soulmate in a Halloween Party. Chances are pretty high."

Maia glared at me. "Don't you sass me." I innocently smiled at her.

She was so wrong.

- e n d -

Moments of ghost-silence passed before someone plopped down next to me. I looked to my side to meet captivating brown orbs.

A black mask covered his face and only leaving his eyes and bottom-half of his face open.

His black hair was messily brushed back and face structure was undoubtly one of the most attractive I have ever seen.

"You can stop staring now." Even his voice sounded good.

"Huh?"

"I know I'm attractive. You don't have to tell me." He smirked. My face burned.

"Only an idiot would find you attractive." I defended, looking away.

He just grinned in response.

We sat in silence for a few moments before he stood up. "Your place or mine?" He smiled.

"Huh?"

---