Chapter 3

Chapter 3: You're Acting Like I'm The President's Daughter

"So, now that that's over with, whatcha wanna do?" Sawyer asks, giving me a boyish grin as we walk down the boardwalk back towards the beach. Sawyer is acting nonchalant; like a fight didn't just almost break out in a local ice cream shop.

"I don't know. I'd like to get my clothes back on though," I laugh as I realize my skin is starting to turn red. Sunburns are the absolute worst. I haven't even been in the sun for more than a total of 10 minutes, and I'm already starting to get a pinkish-glow.

"Well then clothes it is. Did you bring any? When I ran into you, all you had clothing-wise, besides what you were wearing, was a towel," he says as he gestures down to the striped beach towel I have in my left hand.

"Yes, but they're in my car," I explain. "If you'll wait at the beach entrance, I'll go change.. If that's alright with you."

"That's cool," Sawyer says.

We walk the rest of the way to the entrance in silence. Once we get there, I turn around and tell him I'll be quick.

I get about 15 feet from my Jeep and press the unlock button. I look around for any people who could possibly see me as I change. The coast is clear, so I slide in and change as quickly as I can. It isn't the fastest, given that I'm in a car.

Once I'm in my A Day To Remember t-shirt and distressed shorts, I slide my vans back on. Although a t-shirt and shorts won't protect me well from the sun, they're still better than my bikini.

I quickly climb out of my car, being sure to leave the towel in with my bikini, and put my wallet under the seat. I slide my iPhone in my pocket. I take a few steps and then lock my car.

I walk back to the beach entrance. As promised, Sawyer is standing by the "Welcome To Sawken's Beach" sign. Weird name for a beach, I know. But the Sawkenses were the ones who supposedly 'founded' the beach. I don't see how that's possible, considering a beach just doesn't appear overnight, but whatever.

"So. Now that that's taken care of, what do you wanna do?" Sawyer asks, once I'm back by his side.

"I really don't have any plans today. We could go back to my place and watch a movie or something?" I suggest. Hopefully Trystan and Spencer won't be there. Trystan usually doesn't get home until late, so let's hope that he doesn't change his routine. I don't want another showdown.

"That sounds good," Sawyer says, smiling.

"Did you drive here?" I ask, prepared to give him directions to my house.

"Nope. My brother dropped me off on his way to his girlfriend's apartment. She lives north, about 5 minutes outside of town," he explains.

The beach is on the west side of town. I'm assuming Sawyer lives near here or on the southern end of town, since his brother dropped him off on the way.

"Well, lucky for you, I drove myself," I tease, as we turn and walk to my car.

We chit chat for the short walk to my Jeep. I press the button to unlock the car, and open the driver door. I climb in and put the key in the ignition.

"Nice ride," Sawyer says as he slides into the passenger seat.

"Thanks. It was a birthday present," I say as I start the car.

You are beautiful inside, so lovely and I can't see why I'd do anything without you, you are

And when I'm not with you, I know that it's true

That I'd rather be anywhere but here without you

AnywhereBut Here by SafteySuit fills the car.