Midnight Lullaby (Lesbian Story)

Just wanted to tell you this is my first story so plz tell me how I’m doing thx!

 Chapter One       

Late at night when the moon is high

The Wolf will make its eerie cry

Echoes in the valleys deep

And the mountains that are steep

Then they travel far and wide

To find that soothing lullaby

They do not stop not once at all

Until they find that lovely song

Their children listen with awe and fright

To how their parents sing at night

Then they run with their pack

Not turning once to look back

Running in the snowy night

Covering their coats in frosty delight

Finding the source of the music

Sitting down and howling to it

Crying with the pack they found

Vibrating the land with its sound

They sing all night not in day

Then they leave to get their prey

I love that poem. It’s called “Midnight Lullaby”, by Jacob Mussell. My brother used to tell it to me every night before I went to bed. He loved poems. He wanted to be a poet when he grew up. He would sit on the swing outside and write poems all day. He would write about the birds and trees. The flowers and bugs. The dogs barking next door. And even how mom yelled at me for doing something wrong at least once a day. He laughed at how many times I would get in trouble. He was the best older brother you could ever have. Always helping me out when I needed it. Always getting me out of trouble. And always making up the silliest games or adventures for us. He was amazing. That was until the Spawns came. The Spawns are a werewolf pack. They attacked us 4 years ago and my brother, along with many others, was killed. It was devastating. He was next in line to become Alpha of our pack. But now I’m the only remaining child of the Alpha. I wasn’t expecting this at all. My whole life I was told my brother was to be Alpha. So I never really trained hard or worked hard to improve. It was all about my brother and I gladly accepted. I was proud of him. I had never really even wanted to be Alpha. To tell the truth I had never wanted to be a werewolf. My goal was to live a normal life. Finish high school, go to college, get married and settle down. This was my plan. Now everyone expects me to work hard and become this all mighty Alpha. I know I can be strong and good if I try but still. I seriously doubt I could ever be Alpha. I’m nothing but an Omega. Not saying there’s anything bad with that. I mean they’re the ones who take care of the pups and protect them with their life. That’s all I’m about good at. Defending. And as Alpha you are supposed to defend your pack but there is plenty other things I would have to do as well. Like part of defending the pack means attacking. I suck at that. I can barely kill a deer. I’m really fast but too fast. I never learned how to control my speed or even how to just stop. It’s like my body won’t let me. Once I start running there’s no stopping. It’s like newton’s laws. An object in rest will stay in rest. And an object in motion will stay in motion unless stroke by an unbalanced force. In other words unless a tree hits me or something, I won’t stop. My point is I can’t do it. I can’t become Alpha. At least not yet. I’m already 17 and when I’m 18, I’m supposed to become Alpha and take my Father’s spot. Not happening. Plus I have to find a mate as well. To become Alpha, you need a mate. So I hope Father can wait just a few more years or I’m screwed. Or the packs screwed should I say. I’m just about to give up and marry some strong guy and let him become Alpha and me Luna. For I know that’s what Father wants. He wants me to marry a strong wolf and let him take over for me. He has no faith in me what so ever. And that is exactly what pushes me to succeed. I WILL prove my father wrong and try my hardest to be the best Alpha ever. I will make him BELIVE! For I am Chloe Abigail Hunt, daughter of the Alpha!