Chapter 4 - They Way You Look at Me

Chapter 4

Two days had already passed and there was no sign of Max and his friends. I was very thankful because it made my life easier. Maybe it was because Max didn't know where I was staying at.

Jack and I got an apartment here since we were staying for the next six years or so. There were two separate bedrooms in our apartment and one bathroom. I didn't really mind sharing the same bed with Jack but the apartment was already built with two bedrooms.

"What do you want to do today?" Jack asked me as he was flipping some pancakes. I went to take my seat on the dining area of the place.

"I don't really know," I shrugged. "I don't even want to get out of this apartment. I might see my dad, or Max. I'd rather stay here for the rest six years,"

"Like you would be able to do that," Jack rolled his eyes and served a pancake in front of me. "We got to get out in the sun!"

"What do you have in mind?" I asked him.

"You'll see tonight,"

"Are we going to a club?"

"How'd you know?" he pouted. "I planned to keep it a secret!"

"We've been bestfriends for five years, I know what's going on inside that wacko head of yours," I said. "But okay, I'll dress up and go clubbing tonight,"

"Great!"

***

"You didn't need to dress up that good," Jack whined. "How am I going to protect you from some guys tonight?"

"I don't need protecting, Jack," I laughed.

"You're my sister," he said. "I don't want guys hitting on you tonight. Good guys exempted, but all-for-sex guys? Not really accepted,"

"I know how to pick my guys," I rolled my eyes. "You should just focus on getting some girls tonight,"

"Like that would be impossible. I'm a racer! Girls dig racers!"

"Whatever you say, brother," I shook my head. "Whatever you say," we went outside our apartments then headed straight into our garage. Of course we were going to use our motorcycles. We knew how to drive a car but we never wanted to get one. There was a reason why we were called motorcycle racers after all.

"You sure you want to ride your motorcycle dressed in that?" Jack asked me like I was insane. "You're also wearing heels! You get on the same one as me,"

"You sure?" I asked him and he nodded. I hopped on the back of his motorcycle. "Where are we going?"

"I just googled a good club not that far away from here,"

"Are you referring to Galleria?"

"How did you know?"

"This is my hometown, remember?" I told him. "It's the best club here. I knew that it's the one that you found,"

"But why would they name their club Galleria? When I first heard of it, I thought it was a museum,"

"I don't really know," I told him honestly. "Maybe they got nothing else in mind. At least it came out as a good one. I bet that if it was you who owns that club, you would name it as 'Jack Club', right?"

"You know me so well."

***

"This place rocks," Jack commented. "So many hot girls,"

"You go get 'em, loverboy," I pushed Jack to the direction of the hottest girl inside the club. As usual, Jack tried to be suave in front of her. Jack was a good-looking man with a sex appeal. There would be no doubt that the girl would get it together with him.

I went to the counter and ordered an iced tea. I didn't want to get drunk tonight because Jack might be the one to get drunk. One of us needed to be sane to get home safely.

"You come here a lot?" a manly voice whispered so closely in my ear.

"Step back," I said then took a sip of my iced tea without looking at him.

"Come on, don't you want to get laid?"

"Nope,"

"At least look at how hot I am?" he asked then I turned around to look at him. He had got short black hair, long neck, not so handsome face, and a grin plastered on it.

"Again," I sighed. "I'm not interested. I've met hotter guys than you. So please, step aside. I'm here to enjoy alone,"

"You're wearing that and you don't want to get it on with me,"

"Obviously,"

"I kno—"

"Get the fuck out of here, man," a familiar voice interrupted the argument. "She's with me,"

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Yeah, man," the guy said. "What are you doing here? She doesn't know you,"

"For your information," I glared at him. "I'd rather be with him than be with you. I grabbed my saviour's hand and led him far away from that all-for-sex guy. It was a good thing that this club was huge just like a museum. Maybe that was the reason why they called this Galleria.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him once again. "Did you bring him?"

"I came here alone just to get a drink," Jake said and I let out a sigh of relief. I noticed that my hand was still touching his so I removed it immediately.

"Thanks for that," I told him. "I would have used the heel of this stiletto if he didn't get out of my way,"

"Well, you did come here wearing something so appealing. It's natural for guys to hit on you," he said. "You came with whom?"

"My bestfriend or brother," I answered. "As a payment for helping me, want to go take a spin with me?"

"That would be great," he gave me a smile that made my heart flutter. Inviting him for a spin was nothing. As I said, I didn't need history to repeat itself once again.