Chapter 1

Laying in the long green grass, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The wildflowers that sounded me made the air smell sweet. The summer sun warmed my pale freckled skin. I listened carefully to the birds singing in the trees, their songs relaxed me even more. In the distance, I could hear I could hear rustling. My peace and quiet would soon be broken.

"Oi, Remi you muppet, it's time to get ready," I heard my brother call.

"Ok Finn, I'm coming," I replied opening my eyes and pulling myself up to sitting.

Across the clearing, I could see my older brother fiddling with his phone. Chuckling to myself, I stood up and slowly made my way towards him.

"Come on Remi, if we're not back in 10 mum will send out a search party," he said shaking his head.

"Mum needs to relax," I chuckled and I came up beside him. "What's her name?" I asked, smirking wildly.

"That Remi, is none of your business," he answered quickly stuffing his phone in his jeans.

"She's human then," I smirked.

"Remi, as I have already told you it's none of your business. Now hurry up, all I have heard all morning is how you'll make a great bloody Luna," Finn snapped.

"Sorry Finn, I was just messing with you. As for mum, she can't possibly know that. there are going to be loads of girls at the ceremony tonight, the chances that I'm Aaron's mate are pretty slim," I said as I kicked a small stone.

"Yeah, I know," my brother replied as we carried on walking in silence.

My mother had been going on none stop for the last couple of week. Tonight is future Alpha Aaron's 19th birthday and he will finally be able to find his mate and take over the Alpha position from his father. My brother is destined to be his third in command, just like my father and my mother has been praying that I will be his Luna. Being the mate of the current third in command doesn't seem to be enough for my mother, she is always looking for a way to get a foot up on the social ladder. I guess probably because she came from a low ranked family in a very strict, cruel pack. I know she loves us all, she just doesn't want any of us the struggle the way that she had to growing up. After another few minutes, the pack houses came into view. All in the centre was the large pack house and Alpha mansion, with the Beta and Gamma houses either side. they were quite as large but they were still very impressive. These were circled by the smaller delta warrior houses and then finally the Omega houses. On the edge of the complex, was the training area and hospital. It was normally quite quiet at this time in the afternoon, but with the ceremony, in few hours, it was a hive of activity. Families from packs far a wide were bringing their daughters to see if they would be the next Luna. The guards were running extra patrols and everyone else was setting up for tonight.

"Right, I had better head over to the pack house. I'm sure Alpha Grey will want to brief us on what will happen tonight," Finn said, as he turned away.

"Hey Finn, I'm sorry about teasing you earlier," I said sensing that he was feeling pretty tense. "Is everything ok?" I asked.

"Yeah just been a long week, after tonight everything is going to change," he replied giving me a weak smile. "Oh and Remi whatever happens tonight I think you're awesome just the way you are," he continued as he pulled me into a quick hug.

"You too Finn, you're going to make a great Gamma just like dad. Don't you ever doubt it," I said squeezing him just a little tighter.

"Remi, there you are. come on already we haven't got all day!" I heard my mum shout from our porch.

"Good luck," Finn whispered as he let me go.

"You too," I whispered back before turning a running towards the house.