Chapter 2: Dont Judge a Book by its Cover.

Darceys POV

I have the whole day off work today. What a relief. Being a doctor was definitely tiring, but the pay was good.

I woke up around one o'clock, got dressed and went for a little walk around town which was only 10 minutes away from my apartment. As I walked out my apartment, the cold breeze hit my chest, it felt good. I began walking and grabbed a quick spiff out my pocket. Smoking was just another thing to keep me satisfied while I'm on the go.

Walking past a group of youths who were messing about instead of being in school made me smirk. It was obvious they were 'wagging' it. Why else would they be in their uniforms chilling in the middle of nowhere?. It reminded me of my rebellious past which was something I thought I got over. If only I had that father-like-figure to put me in my rightful place, I'd probably would have done better in school. I still did get my GCSEs but I wasn't satisfied with them so I re-took them, getting staright A's. I guess I made up for it later when reality hit me and I joined medical school and got my degree.

I looked up at the youths while they were thinking they were something special because they were skiving...

Should I say something? I could probably sort these guys out, I could be the better person and guide them...

I carried on walking, ignoring my conscience speaking to me. I often ignored it which is why I end up in all these crazy situations. A few racy looking girls walked past who definately caught my attention. Damn! they caught me off guard!

5 minuites later I was walking past the pub when I saw Snowy through the transparent window. Snowy was a friend of mine from Uni, we called him Snowy because he was insanely pale, he desperately needed a tan!

Should I go in or not?

I tried keeping drinking on the low only because I get drunk way too fast. After all I didn't want to walk into work, as a doctor, with a hangover. I know Snowy would probably insist on it so I promised myself if I did drink it would only be one pint. I walked in through the double doors, still lost in my thoughts, after running into a body.

"Owchhh!, CAN'T YOU WATCH WHERE YOUR..." I died a little inside after seeing what was standing right infront of me.

I stopped and analysed.It was a girl. She was wearing a headscarf. She was stunning.There was something about her that had me mezmerised as soon as I took the first glance at her beauty. I couldn't take my eyes off her.Everything froze around me. For a second nothing else felt like it mattered. I stood there motionless. All I could see were sparks and her face was literally glowing. I was definitely blushing.I ceased the moment, as I knew I'd never get one like it again.

She was soo modest yet soo attractive. Our eyes met, I could tell she felt uncomfortable and afraid so I began to grin at her... Random right? I observed her every feature. I could get lost in her big brown eyes.Her nose was straight and had a round tip at the end. Her plump , luscious lips looked blossom soft and complemented her fair and glossy complexion. She had slender eyebrows and her eyelashes were velvety...I wasn't kidding when I said I observed her every feature!

"Sorry" we both said simultaneously, she had an apolagetic look which I couldn't first make out and her angelic voice was like music to my ears.I was still hypnotized by her dazzling beauty to tell her it was ok.

Next thing I new she was off...

Why did you let her go?!!!

She left me standing like a statue.I've met a lot of girls in my time, but why was she soo different? I felt as though I've known her forever. She made me forget the whole world exists.

How do you describe the feeling? Is this what they call love at first sight? Is this what falling in love really felt like? HOLD UP DARCEY! YOU'VE KNOWN HER FOR TWO SECONDS!

****

Walking home I could'nt get her out of my mind. I came across those Racy looking girls again. They werent even attractive anymore. Seeing them walking around half naked made me want to barf. They looked like prostitutes! why would you want to display your body like that? they were nothing compared to the girl I just witnessed. I could not stress how much she changed my perception of beauty within the span of two minuites.

I knew that I'd eventually get over her. There is no way a girl like her could ever end up with a guy like me. She was soo innocent and I'm covered in tatoos and smoked all sorts. Lets not even mention my crafty past. Most importantly... she was Muslim whereas I believed in the concept of *YOLO.

Lost in my thoughts I bumped into someone else. It was a guy this time, thank god! I apologised and walked on before he called me back. I didn't realise he was wearing a T-shirt that read 'Muslim Hands'. I knew where this was going so I took out a creased up £5 note and handed it to him before he began to bugg me.

"No, no brother, were not fund raising!" he gave me the money back and continued " my name is Zaid and my self and the 'muslim hands' team are looking for people to sign our pettion against the banning of the Hijab" (muslim dress).

Instantly the image of the girl popped back in my head, it would be ashame if it got banned so I began filling the pettion.

"jazakallah" (may Allah reward you) he said and smiled at me warmfully. Looking at his face his eyes resembled somebody elses, I just couldnt get my head around it.

We began chatting a bit more and had a good laugh. He told me about some events which were going to be taking place, even though I'm always caught up in work, I gave him my number. He wasn't how I expected him to be, he was actually quiet cool and a really funny lad.

hey... I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its colour.

*( You Only Live Once)

****

Authors note: thanks for reading!