Loves a Sacrifice

Concept: Wendy has the heart of the truest believer and Peter lets her go, not able to take the heart from her.

"I let her go," Peter informs

"But why?" Felix questions "She has the heart of the truest believer. The heart you've longed for and when you finally had in your grasp you let it go."

"I could never hurt her," Peter states "I'd much rather die without it then cause her any pain."

"What happened to you, Pan?" Felix asks "What happened to the ruthless Lost Boy obsessed with keeping his youth for eternity."

"I FELL IN LOVE!"

Wendy had become his kryptonite, he thought no girl could weaken him but, before that, he hadn't met Wendy Darling, the girl who proved to him that even if he was evil, he still had the capacity to love. He developed feelings for her unexpectedly, exquisite feelings. But, Wendy herself didn't see Peter in that light, she did at the start, but when he started to become crueler, the image changed and he perceived him as a monster. Her pleads were useless to him, he blocked them out and trapped her in Neverland, that was the reasoning of why she thought of him as a monster. His original intentions were to rip her heart out, but now the image of pain sprawled across her face, and her hands desperately clutching the spot where her heart was previously stashed appeared in his mind and it genuinely horrified him. So, he let her go. He brought her home, even if it meant he'd never see her again, which killed him inside. He remembered apologising, and her forgiving him, she kissed him on the cheek before he left her forever, which left a tingle where her soft lips were pressed. He constantly touched it, smiling at the memory.

He let her go, because he loves her.

——————————————————————
Word Count: 315 words