Chapter 6: Black: The Color of Truth and Realization

Disclaimer: I do not own One Direction, its members, or any of their merchandise. If I did, I would make Ziall a reality and give Niall more solos.

This Chapter may contain scenes with Sexual Content. You have been warned.

Please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes. I didn't have time to edit this. 

I want to just clarify why I associated the color Black with Truth and Realization. I chose Black because in Darkness, everything is showed in its natural state, no light to dowse it with artificialness.

I also just want to personally apologize for not updating sooner. I just had a totally busy week last week. I'm the president of the National Honor Society and we just had our induction ceremony last friday and it took a lot of my time for preparation and rehearsals. Thank you for reading and  understanding.

Happy Reading <3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall's POV

I didn't want to admit it but I was slowly falling in love with this guy right beside me. Zayn was now becoming the center of my universe and that is not permissible. I was assigned to train him to become an assasin and nothing more. I couldn't possibly bring him into this convoluted world of mine. I still remembered the day when Cromwell called me in for a mission. I just came back from a dispatch mission: I was to find him a necklace so powerful, it would make compulsion so much easier for the person wearing it. That time, I didn't know that he wanted to bring someone else into the organization.

                  "I want you to find this kid and convince him to come to this school. Tell him that our school      wil provide him with the necessary training needed to fully function in the normal world. If you think he's a little skeptic, just use this mood changing ring to give him a sense of security. Just wear the ring and with a single touch he will feel instantly light and relieved." Cromwell started.

                  "What makes this kid so special? Why do you want him to be an assasin?" I questioned him. I knew that part of this job was to never ask questions but I wanted to make sure that a person who is to brought into  this cruel world knows what he is getting into. 

                   "That is none of your concern. Just do your job or you will face the consenquences later on." He finished. I didn't question him further. I knew when he was serious and this time his face did not bulge one bit.

That was one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. Seeing someone so fragile and broken to be put into our school, it was heartbreaking. After bringing him in I promised to myself that I would take care of him and to make him understand the implications of each action. Every time I disobeyed Cromwell, I was put into submission through compulsion and every time that happens, I slowly lose a part of myself. Some memories never come back and the repercussions of my actions when I'm under it haunt my dreams every single night. When I refused to help him capture Zayn because he wanted to escape, I had to go through the same process over again. I shuddered at the thought. I was still dreaming when someone woke me up. I opened my eyes and I saw Zayn looking so worried and so out of place.

"Babe, you had a nightmare. You were shouting my name, I have been shaking you for minutes now. Are you okay?" He looked at me lovingly, I cringed at his affection. I wasn't used to it. Like him, I had a rough childhood, I suffered from family abuse, my dad would also beat me up after he goes drinking and my mom would just shrug it off and pretend it never happened. After a couple of times, I got so angry that I held my father in his drunken state and teleported us into a large and tall cliff. I abandoned him there and I never heard of him again. My mother left me and then I was on the streets. sleeping in small alley ways and in small cardboard boxes. That's where Master Cromwell found me and showed me what I could really do with my powers. He taught me all he knew and I became his top student. I never regretted doing what I did but I don't want Zayn to suffer the same fate. 

"No it's okay. I was just thinking of how I would probably lose it when I lose you." I lied.

"Awww, babe you will never lose me. I will never leave you." He smiled and kissed me again. 

It was time for school so I sat up and got dressed. I decided to let Zayn go first so that he wouldn't be late. I knew that he was wary of coming back under Cromwell's supervision but I assured him that it would all be okay. I tried to believe my own words. I walked through the hallways to Cromwell's office when I saw the ranking list on the bulletin board. As expected, I was still the top student in school. I searched  for Zayn's name as I saw that he steadily going up the ranks. I was thrilled. 

I came into his office and Cromwell was busily looking through the window, at Zayn probably.

"Ehem" I coughed, giving him a sign that I was already in the room.

"It's good that you're here. I am impressed. You turned to love to keep Zayn from staying. You deserve compensation, I will transfer some money into your account. Congratulations." He stated. I was in disbelief. I was starting to fall in love with Zayn. I would never hurt him.

"No." I started. " I'm not pretending.  I think I actually love him." I whispered, just a little too loudly for my liking.

"I will not permit this. You can not fall in love with him. Two assasins can't be in love. It will distract them from their missions. You were trained to be emotionless, what happened? Do you want to be under compulsion again?" He threatened.

"If you do that then after the compulsion fades out I will take Zayn out here and you will never see both of us again." I threatened with equal courage.

"You can't do this to me. I raised you. You owe me your life." 

"I owe you nothing. Fine, if that's the way you want things to be then I guess this is goodbye." I left and teleported to where Zayn was. 

"Babe I have no time to explain, please just come with me." I tugged at his hand and once I saw approval in his face we left the school. Possibly for forever. 

Thanks for reading this. I hope that you liked it. I appreciate every form of feedback. PLease comment, vote, and fan if you haven't already. Thanks again and I love you guys <3.