Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Hey there!

Thanks for clicking on my story and deciding to read it, I really appreciate it. <3 Please excuse the cheesy and sad stuff I call humor. I'm not generally a funny person, so if it seems like I'm overdoing it, please tell. Again, thank you so much for reading.

Luv you and keep smiling, beautiful :) 

P.S This is dedicated to caselivy for the amazing  banner!! Thanks a bunch!!

~***~Prologue~***~

People can often mistake your heart for a piece of gum. They will see it and decide that they must have it; the reason behind their sudden interest, you may never know. Maybe the wrapper looked very bright or the gum itself looked delicious. Whatever it was, it drew them to the gum, unfortunately.

As if right out of a sinister fairytale they slowly peel the wrapper off, getting the gum to trust them with their soft tender eyes. Then they begin to chew on it, play around with it, chew loudly to get others attention. They may even blow a bubble or two. Some may even go as far as pressing it onto their teeth, pretending to have braces.

For the gum, it seems like heaven as someone is finally paying attention to it. Someone had the courage to look behind the wrapper and see what the gum truly is. The gum will think that it is on Cloud 9; so free and without a care. But you see, Cloud 9 is a cloud. Scientifically, it is not cotton candy or your grandmother’s hair, but in fact a gas. Gas is no solid, therefore you would fall, and fall you shall. Gum can only capture interest for so long, because it will soon lose its sugary taste and far too soon, it is spat out, left to be replaced by another.

To the gum chewer it is just a game and nothing more. It is a game in which the thrill is always there, but soon, when the ride becomes a casual routine, they switch it for another. The chewer rides each heart like a merry-go-round but for the gum, it is so much more. Once the game is over, the piece of gum lies there on the ground. People walk on it, carving in deep scars and the gum will lie there. Forever stuck on pavement, open to all the abuse.

The sad part about it all, is that sometimes, gum becomes too vulnerable and scared after it is chewed. It might wrap its wrapper around itself, so tightly that no one is able to peel it off. It barricades itself, too frightened by the thought of being used and thrown away, never to be loved again.

 At that moment I understood what love really is. It isn’t a feeling or a simple word used by many so carelessly. No, it is a connection to someone else. It is a connection to someone special, someone who would make the sun rise from the west for you, someone to say that it will be alright, or that they will never let you go, even as the Titanic sank in the background. They would want to spend even a simple moment with you and feel joy in their heart. They are the ones who would take the gum and see it for what it really is and love it, cherish it. Both gliding along the imperfections and accenting the perfections. It didn’t have to be your other half, but someone who would steal your heart and vow to guard it forever.

That was the love I wanted to have and wanted to give. I didn’t want to be another piece of gum. No. So, instead of waiting for my Prince Charming in my tower, I set out myself, with full body armour, ready to take down any dragon that got in my way, because sometimes you have to be Princess Charming and save your prince.

~**.**~

Thanks for reading!! <3