Fall to Foreshadowing

"Listen, Rob, it doesn't matter how you-OH SHIT," Chanel tripped forward and smacked onto the pavement. Her hands, dainty and soft, scrapped open and began bleeding as bits of sidewalk lodged itself in her skin. "Fuck. Oww." She began collecting herself, pulling her phone (thankfully unbroken) towards her, and picking up the lipsticks and headphones which also hit the ground. The blonde could hear Rob calling, blatantly concerned, through the phone. Threats of sending Big out to get her graced her ears, and she put the phone up to her ear. "Yes, hello. No. I don't. I just fell. Yeah, it really hurts. Rob! Don't make fun of me!" She stood up. "Yes, I can walk and talk at the same time, shut up. I'll be there in thirty." She hung up on him rather quickly, trying to get the least amount of blood possible on her phone case. "Dammit."

"Do you need a Band-Aid?" A masculine voice questioned. Chanel looked up to see a light blonde, green-eyed guy standing a few feet away from her.

"Um no. Thanks though." She looked at her bloody hands, slightly embarrassed.

"Okay. But you're going to want to add some peroxide to that later. Sidewalks are dirty." When she didn't respond fully, he gave a small start. "Sorry, I'm Jackson. Uhh you need a ride anywhere?"

"No thank you," Chanel gave a fake smile to the random man, "Have a good day." She bid farewell and left quickly. She didn't need to be in some creepy ass man's car.

Chanel's black heels clicked along the sidewalk, and thirty or so minutes later the sound turned to clacking as she entered the Factory's front doors. Her palms were caked in dried blood, coagulated flakes pulling at her skin. "Ew," She mumbled, putting her purse behind her desk and going onto the Factory floor. She saw Drama immediately, just walking into his office. "Hey," Chanel called, walking towards him faster as the brunette looked up at her in acknowledgement. "You got any Band-Aids?"

"Yeah? Why what-Jesus, Chanel! What did you do?" Drama's concern translated into him reaching forward and tenderly grabbing her hands, inspecting the damage. "It's gross."

"I know. I fell down on the sidewalk."

"Go wash your hands, I'll set up a triage." Drama winked, walking off to get out a first aid kit. Chanel sighed as she played with her hands.

The bathroom wasn't that far away, so it took an insignificant time to get there, the problem only arose when she had to wash the thick paste of dried blood off her hands. The shredded skin protested, stinging in a most unappreciated way. As Chanel procrastinated putting her hands under the faucet, Drama went looking for her. The blonde may take forever to get ready, but she was usually on time for him.

"Chanel?" Drama knocked on the bathroom door, hesitantly might describe his actions best.

"Drama, it hurts!" She whined, walking over and opening the door with the back of her hand. He reached over Chanel's head and kept the door propped as she pouted at him.

"Let me see," He grabbed her hands again and sighed at her slightly wet, bloody hands. She hadn't got any gravel out and he was not excited about doing it. "Okay, c'mere." Drama led her to the sink, standing beside her and working the red flakes off. Chanel would flinch, swear, or whine every now and then, but Drama would shush her and continue on. Her skin was raised and had small black and grey pieces under the skin, obviously pieces of stubborn sidewalk.

"How are you going to get those out?" Chanel asked nervously.

Drama hesitated. "Tweezers." She gave him a pleading look, and he just shrugged in sympathy. It was a few minutes later that he pressed paper towels into her hands, soaping up the excess water.

They went back to Drama's office after that, casually talking about clumsiness and high heels. Chanel's hands stung less than before, and she was starting to get them moving comfortably.

"Chanel!" Rob called out whilst jogging over. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just fell." She responded, smiling weakly at her friend. Rob gave a half smile.

"We're going to go patch her up right now." Drama chimed in.

"When you're done, both of you come up to my office. Bring Big Cat." Rob turned after he gave his orders, walking away to go do whatever it is Rob does in his office.

Chanel and Drama continued over to the office, entering and sitting with the girl on one side of the corner and the boy on the other. She put her hands up and Drama began taking pieces of the kit out. When he pulled the first piece of sidewalk out, she flinched and bit her lip.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

They went on like this for awhile, until all of the pieces were removed and she had bandages keeping the fresh wounds covered. Drama wrapped them in such a way that it was easy to move her hands, something she greatly appreciated. He cleaned up the kit as she tested the flexibility of the bandages, and when the whole unit was put away, Chanel went and hugged Drama. He circled his arms around her, resting his chin on her head as he leaned down.

"Thank you, Drama." She said into his chest.

"Anytime, Chanel." He rumbled back quietly. When they pulled apart they gave each other smiles. "Let's go get my brother and see what Rob wants."

It turned out that the meeting was the first step of changing Chanel's life permanently. The very thing which set her on a course for happiness and something so much more fulfilling. It would be the single most pivotal moment in her life. And possibly the most destructive.