The Shadow Wielder

Prologue.

Cold, darkness, surrounding me like a blanket would a child, keeping me warm and effortlessly attached. I sat huddled in the corner of the shadow covered room and whispered to myself silently, prayers that would never be heard. Feeling the walls close in on me fast, I began to pray more fervently, hoping maybe someone, anyone would hear them. The only light in the room was that of the moonlight, dancing happily through the cracks in the old forgotten windows where the black paint had chipped.

How long had I been in this room, where day and night did not co-exist? Had it been weeks, maybe months? How much longer would I suffer for my crimes against all of humanity. I smiled a mischievous smile as I heard heavy footsteps near my cell. I sense the lazy guards of this hell were coming to me again, they could not hide there presence from me, nobody could. I reached up and dug my fingers through my long matted black hair and rearranged it hastily to cover my face, for I knew all too well how these guards liked to play.

The lock clicked gently and the heavy metal door was slammed open with a dreadful bang. I flinched, curling into a tighter ball in my corner, just waiting for it to be over. A unforgiving burst of sunlight streaked into the room making me hiss in pain from the contact with my skin. My skin began to char instantly as it raked over my body greedily. I did not dare to look at the guards as they walked into my cell, for I knew even a second of eye contact could leave me blind. 

"Well, lookie here John, if it isn't our favorite inmate!" one of the guards, who I recognized from his squeakier, unfluid voice, to be a man named Darrin. Darrin took a few steps closer to me, then dramatically leaned down to me, locking his eyes on my dark figure and examining me closely. " I woulda sworn you'd be dead by now," he said gruffly.He stood up, then he then began to give me swift kicks to my spine. They were direct kicks, although they didn't hurt me. Kick by Kick I still felt no pain, he had kicked me many times before, each leaving me a just a bit more numb.

This was his sick way of fun, every single guard at this prison was like that. They were heartless bastards, who loved to have control over the prisoners. The guards beat inmates, raped inmates, even killed inmates. They could torture and disposed of inmates however they pleased, for this is no normal prison. This prison harbors at least five hundred thousand supernatural creatures who have supposedly committed various crimes across the board, including robbery, and some even murder. 

The government of the United states of America has been shipping off supernaturals to this hell hole since 1956 when they first discovered a majority of crimes being committed each year, were cause by creatures unlike humans, who therefor claimed to be above the law. The mother prison, which I am currently being held at, is monitored by the government at all times. They do not care whatsoever to what happens to any of the supernaturals 'attending' this prison, in fact they could care less. We are disposal, and the less 'freaks' running around goody two shoes America, the better.

I haven't been outside my little black cell since I arrived here, I have never seen another inmate, but I can hear their cries of pain and smell their fear. The guards here have taken to beating me, like many others, so every once in a while they show up at my cell door. John and Darrin are the two who most commonly come to give me a 'good kicking', though John usually just leaned quietly against the iron cell door. I had never once caught a glimpse of John's face, but I knew how to identify Darrin. He was about 5"3, most likely weighing around three hundred pounds, if not more. I also knew he had a round face and wore the cheap bright blue police uniforms like everyone else. They were the tacky, cliche, guard uniforms everyone can only imagine guards wear. Darrin was also raven haired and had a small triangular goatee. In my opinion, he was extremely unattractive, also I'm guessing he was in his early 30's age wise.

Abruptly the kicking slowed and stopped altogether. I could hear heavy panting from Darrin next to me. I was left with a slight throbbing in my spine and neck, I took note to the dark thick blood now littering the ground around my body. "Come on Darrin, we've made the young girl suffer enough, you can take out more of your anger on the next one," the scratchy, deep voice bounced off the walls of the room, but I could still distinguish it as John. He was most likely leaning against the door in his usual beating spot. A muffled snort came from beside me, then heavy footsteps began to pad away from me. Then the monsterous door was slammed closed, leaving me to myself once again. The chuckles of the two men drifted down the halls of the prison, leaving me a promise that they would be back once again for more of their twisted hysterics. 

When the voices of the hefty guards had long passed, I shivered from my cold blood. Blood. It began to remind me of where I was, the icy crimson substance slowly growing into a larger and larger pool. I was in a supernatural prison, so far away from my home, where I grew up, who I grew up with, my family, my friends, all my memories, my past. I was beaten almost daily,tortured by prison guards, forced to hear the terrifying screams of pain from other supernaturals, and getting not one pleasant dream at night, only the foulest of nightmares. I had not one soul in the world as my aid, no one to comfort me while I bled out in utter humiliation for everyone to see, and eyes stinging with tears for the first time in a long time....

A sickly sweet smile brimmed my soft pink lips,

I can't help but love it.

---------------------------

So yeah well this yeah just no IDK D: anywhooooo

Pancakes. Okay so this is just a spur of the moment thing.... i actually wrote this on facebook and meant for it to be a poem? but it turned into a prologe.. ehh? I've been wanted to write on watty for awhile and finally got the courage to atleast start a book :) so here it is.... I'll probably just work on it over the summer. There's no clear plot to this story at all and i'll be making it all up as I go soooo~ :D Feedback appreciated but nothing negative please~ any pointers and such are much appreciated!