Chapter 2. Farrah Morganstern

Flame On. Click. Flame Off. Click.

The flame lit up my darkened room, then plunged it back into darkness, and so over. My mind constantly thinking over the letter I'd received a few days earlier.

Dear Miss Morganstern,

Destiny Rising for the Uniquely Gifted, has been recently informed of your recent search for a new school. As we are holding an event to show potencial students our school, we would like to invite you to this opening. It will be held of the 1st of May.

You will be shown round the school and dormataries, then will be shown a performance from a Werewolf teacher, who will be showing the newer Werewolfs how to turn, then you will have a performance from a Elemental witch.

I hope to see you during the event and to be able to talk to you.

Mrs Alexia Hylier.

Headmistress of Destiny Rising for the Uniquely Gifted.

I sighed and sat up, rubbing my eyes, unable to sleep. God damn Insomnia! I sighed again, frustrated at the fact I couldn't control my body into sleeping, yet I could make fire without even trying. A rising scream tried to pry itself out of my mouth but insted I groaned and flopped back down onto my bed. I gave myself 15 more minutes to fall asleep or get out of bed and destract myself, which wasn't particually hard, as I lived with Vampires who don't need alot of sleep, so they're mostly awake through day and night.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. I rolled onto my left and closed my eyes, wishing sleep to come to me... Tick, tock. Tick, tock. "God damn it!" I shouted and flung my duvet off me, then stormed out of my room, door slamming as I stomped down the stairs angrily.

"Ooo, someone's in a pissy mood." My brother Nicholai teased as I came into the fire lit palour. I scowled and flipped him off before sitting down in one of the over stuffed chairs. "I take it your insomnia is acting up again?" Nicholai asked as he came an sat in front of me. His eyes light but with a dark undertone, and his pale-ish skin brightened by the flames of the fire.

I nodded and sighed unhappily. "I hate not being able to sleep, I hate it! and concidering the fact if I don't sleep I put my family in danger because I get cranky and anything you say could piss me off, meaning I could turn you into dust!" I rambled without breathing. My brother grabbed my arms and looked at me.

"Stop, Farrah." He drew me to his chest and hugged me. "How long has it been since you properly slept?" I shrugged, even though I knew. "I know you know Farrah, you always keep track." I could practically see his eyebrow cocking.

"3 days..." I mumbled into his firm chest. He sighed then drew back.

"Why haven't you told Mum or Dad?" He asked, but held my hands.

My shoulders rose and fell. "Mum always seems to be avoiding me since my power apeared, and dad, well, he's always at work nower days. He doesn't even care I don't want to go to this new stupid school." I looked down. "You seem to be the only one who talks to me anymore." I gulped, suddenly feeling a lump in my throat.

Nicholi gently pushed me back and looked at me, "They're just struggling, and the whole fire can kill vamps is pretty intimidating."

I scoffed and pushed back the tears, then stood up. "We've never hid the fact that I'm adopted, but just lately, they're really making me feel like I'm not they're child." I shook my head gently, and walked over to the blazing fire and stuck my hand into it. I ignored the gasp from behind me and the sudden tug on my arm from my brother as he tried to remove my arm, thinking I was hurting myself, yet instead, I relished the feeling of the warmth of the flames that licked my skin.