Chapter Four

<table width="559" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td width="0" height="0"> </td>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td width="0" height="0"> </td>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td class="midtext"> 

Chapter Four 

“Today should be fun.” Robert mused as he picked up a piece of fruit sitting at the small, wooden kitchen table at the edge of the studio room; tossing it up and down playfully, a confident smirk plastered onto his face.His eyes were now darker then I had ever seen them before. My body tensed as I bit down hard on my lip, a feeling of uneasiness surging through me sending chills down my spine.  

“No, it shouldn't be.” I muttered as I watched him carefully, studying his every movement. 

He raised an eyebrow slightly before his lips turned into another devilish smirk. His cold, dark gaze was now completely on me and I could feel him searching inside me for something, scanning me thoroughly. I squirmed uncomfortably as amusement started to light up in his eyes along with something else, something more sinister but it was gone in a second. Suddenly my stomach dropped and I felt nauseous, I knew exactly what he was doing; using his ability against me, only a few people on Planet Speight had abilities given to them during birth and of course, Robert was one of them. I tried to put a wall up, to block off anything that he could use against me but I knew it was too late.  

“Valaria, you're quite easy to read.” He mused a dangerous undertone in his voice, a now blank, cold look coming over his face as he slowly put the piece of fruit back down onto the barren table, his intense gaze never leaving mine.  

“What do you mean?” I slapped myself mentally as I heard a nervous hitch in my voice, one in which I had no control over.   

“You're playing with fire Valaria, even thinking about it is against Speightian rules.” His voice was stone cold and I could see his emblem begin to glow slightly on his forehead, his muscles tensed and untensed before he broke his harsh gaze from mine. I instantly felt myself relax.  

“I haven't done anything wrong, I'm doing exactly what your father wants me to do. ” I replied lamely, knowing that even I couldn't believe it if I had wanted to.  

He threw his head back letting out a laughter laced with malice and pity before bringing his eyes back up to meet mine. I shifted in my seat again trying my best to compose myself, I had a feeling that he could smell fear.  

“Ok, whatever you say Valaria but I will be watching you and this human boy very carefully.” He slowly got up from the small wooden chair he was sitting in and walked over to the front door. His hand grabbed the metal knob but before turning it he faced me slowly. 

“See you soon Valaria, have fun.” He opened the door and swiftly walked out leaving me standing there, shocked, disturbed and a bit in awe. I could still feel the authority electrifying the air. My heart raced under my skin as I tried to gain control of my breathing.